Which Jackson's had MOP "Jackson" put in the heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Jackson\'s had MOP \"Jackson\" put in the h

My 1993 CS archtop Soloist has the black lines one, very cool!! Jack.

Comment

The MOP logo with the black lines is so amazingly, ungodly cool!!! But then, everything is cool about the old USA archtops... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I had never noticed that detail before in any AT pictures. Wow.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The MOP logo with the black lines is so amazingly, ungodly cool!!! But then, everything is cool about the old USA archtops... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I had never noticed that detail before in any AT pictures. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ] Just for the record, mine is not an archtop, but a 1993 RR Custom.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My preference is:

MOP with black lines
          MOP
          Abalone

That dark abalone just looks a little too Vegas for me, but it sure beats a screen.

Comment

Way cool to know that the first mop logo was done on an AT Soloist in 1987. File that one in the history books, kids. For s&g's here's my '93 Explorer Custom with the black lined mop logo on a reverse head with quilted maple:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

To me it depends on the finish. Abalone can look a little busy on a black headstock but I think it looks fine here:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Joe can you post a pic of the whole Explorer again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

On the blue it does look a bit better. Now, if it had the black lines... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice looking headstock. I've only ever seen one (US) Jackson live and in person. It was blue, had MOP in the headstock, and I believe it was a Soloist (now that I actually know a small amount of something about Jackson's). For some reason, it just sticks with me as *the* look that a Jackson should have. Even though I've seen some pics here of some other awesome looking guitars (except the dragon dealer thingy in the eBay section...that's just wrong). Weird, huh?

Comment

shaded mop rules [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Shaded MOP on natural flamed maple head

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's abalone, not MOP. I wanted to get a logo like that on my XTRR, but Fender said they couldn't do a abalone logo with red border on a black headstock like that... either that or they wouldn't.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ah, I see. I keep thinking Abalone is more greenish - don't know why [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There are a bunch of different kinds of abalone Matt. Red, Green and Paua are the most common. I don't know if there are any other varieties besides those three. They all look different. I think that both above are Paua. The brightness and color spectrum varies a lot even though it is of the same variety also. It depends where they harvest them from, where they eat, weather and etc....etc....etc. I found out way more than I will ever need to know about the stuff when I was hunting down some abalone for my GMW that Lee is building.
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            We must increase the bust!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!
                            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                            X