Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jackson's had MOP "Jackson" put in the heads

tock? (ran outta room in the title)

I'm looking at a 1985, but it has the white decal. What year/model did they start doing this, and when (if) did it end?

Thanks for helping out a newbe.

Re: Which Jackson\'s had MOP \"Jackson\" put in the heads

The origins of the mother of pearl logo on the headstock were sometime in 1989. For all USA Production guitars from the spring of 1990 onward Jackson used (and continues to use) the pearl logo. In the mid 90's there were a few USA Production guitars without the pearl, like the DR2, RR2, and some of the SL Soloists and Dinkys. The original Professionals had the pearl logo through about 1994. There were three distinct types of pearl used. The originals (from about 1989 through 1993) were darker and more subtle. By 1993 through at least 1995 the logo was brightened and slightly thickened. And by 1996, age of the modern USA Production, the logo was even bigger with the pearl.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool info! You the man!

Thanks alot,

Don

Comment

As a weird aside, the new Black RR1T I got a few months ago has the white screened logo instead of pearl.

Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've noticed that the "O" in Jackson appears to be not as rounded on the "N" side on the MOP examples, at least on my '97 RR1 and other MOP guitars that I've seen, compared to the screened logo examples. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

Re: Which Jackson\'s had MOP \"Jackson\" put in the h

I personally can't stand the pearl logo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I personally can't stand the pearl logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different strokes and all that, but man, that's one of the things I *do* like about them. Them being the models that have 'em, that is. I don't know why, but I think inlaid headstocks just look classier than labels/screens.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                As a weird aside, the new Black RR1T I got a few months ago has the white screened logo instead of pearl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with the white/black bevel pinstriped model that Guitar World reviewed a few months back. The RR1 Erie Dess Swirl they reviewed had the MOP, though. I wonder if they're not putting the MOP on the TOM models anymore, but if so, why? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with the white/black bevel pinstriped model that Guitar World reviewed a few months back. The RR1 Erie Dess Swirl they reviewed had the MOP, though. I wonder if they're not putting the MOP on the TOM models anymore, but if so, why? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] It's weird because the SWP RR1T on Vwall's site has the MOP logo. Scott told me that both black RR1T's he got had the screen logo and the white one has MOP. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I like both so I was kinda happy and considered it a plus.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Didn't someone here have an '80s Archtop Soloist with the MOP inlay? I seem to recall that it was a 1987 guitar. But then, I wouldn't be surprised at an early archtop with an MOP logo, given that the archtops were supposed to be sort of "Gibson-ish."

Personally, I think that the MOP logo is really classy and a nice way of visually setting the USA guitars apart from the imports.

Comment

Yeah, see, I remember that AT Soloist. I believe it was a 1989 model though. Certainly if it was an '87 Jackson used the mop logo very sparingly. It really wasn't until early 1990 that they became common. And in the early to mid 90's they used the mop logo with the black lines in it for Custom Shop pieces.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

"And in the early to mid 90's they used the mop logo with the black lines in it for Custom Shop pieces."

Like this.

Scott

Comment

Yeah, MOP with the black shaded lines looks great:

And abalone are the best looking logos, IMO:

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My (soon to be Wayne's) 87 archtop has a MOP logo.

Notice the lack of "Made in USA."

Sorry for the crappy pic.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Here's my '89 Archtop Headstock. Note the slightly larger Truss Rod Cover as I had to have a new Truss Rod fitted about 8 years ago which fortunately, slides out but the channel had to be elongated slightly:

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X