What would you change????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you change????

I'd take out the two single coil pups on my Charvel Model 6. I'd put sharkfin inlays on my Dinky HX instead of the offset white plastic dots. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'd also like to see non-recessed Floyds as an option on most models. At least my Model 6 has it non-recessed! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rhoads56:
      Xenophobe, why is it youd like to see the recesses deleted?? I love pulling up on my whammy bar as far as i can (ive actually rerouted my import Rhoads so i can get more movement upwards).
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't mind if there is a route or not, but I don't like the floyds recessed.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I would like DiMarzios(and Seymour Duncan) to come on all guitars, not just be limited to USAs.

OFRs on all guitars.

Gold hardware Option for some guitars.

Maple Board Option

Kits like Carvin

Comment

id put schallers and reasonably priced neck thru models

Comment

I'd love an ebony fretboard on my 650xl. But then, I guess it'd be a Soloist wouldn't it? Oh well....

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
              I would put Mike Shannon back in charge
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I heard he is (or will be). But only for a short time.

R
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
                I'd love an ebony fretboard on my 650xl. But then, I guess it'd be a Soloist wouldn't it?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are plenty of rosewood-boarded Soloists
                out there....but probably not too many ebony-boarded XLs!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would put a strathead on everything [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Reverse headstock options for all models would be very nice... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I's correct the issue of no import SweeTones, and the Japanese-only NASL would not be Japanese-only - pearl trapezoid inlays with abalone stripe, anyone?

I'd bring back the original Concert style bass - neckthrough Soloist body style. Import AND USA and they'd both have graphics, 5-string versions, and all would come with that Kahler non-trem bridge that allows you to set the string spacing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for what I'd change on my personal guitars - I'd shave the heel of my bolt-on Custom Shop King V's neck (replacement, actually) so that it sits lower in the pocket - it's too thick now (thicker than the original) and the pickup now sits on top of the guitar, and it's still too far away [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I'd put a graphic on my San Dimas Jackson Student Concert bass, as well as ebony board and MOP fins (which would make it a Custom [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

I'd put MOP fins on my Winger bass [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm going to murder a Grover Jackson Roswell soon as it gets here - but it'll be SWEET when I get done!

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I 2nd Xeno's comment! I would humbly request that Jackson made SOME of their Select Series guitars with non-recessed Floyds. They would definitely sell. I am talking about batches of guitars. Right now they make a bunch of Soloists, then a bunch of PC1's etc. Just throw in the odd batches of Soloists, Kelly's Y2KV's etc. with NON-RECESSED Floyds! Is that too much too ask? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I don't like the Floyds recessed, so there is no need for that crater in the face of the guitar, either. I might have even bought a KE2, instead of my King, if I could have gotten a non-recessed Floyd!? Imagine that!

Comment

Since I have both recessed and non-recessed Floyded guitars (ok ok, one non recessed, but it's the same angle as a tunamatic), what is the hullabaloo about? The *only* thing I've noticed that is different about recessed and non-recessed is it's *slightly* easier to catch pinch harmonics on a non-recessed - otherwise, it's the same feel.

Enlighten me, bruthas [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would add an extra volume on my SL2H and move the volume and tone controls further back, away from the whammy bar.

Comment

Newc: Here's the deal for me which is obviously different than Xeno's as he still wants some pull. I LOVE the feel of a Floyd under my palm but never actually USE a floyd and I LOVE Fine Tuners as well. Plus, if I break a string I can limp through a song.

Comment

I'd like to see one or two models with a fixed bridge rather than a Floyd or TOM. My old Concepts are the only Jacksons I've ever seen with fixed string-thru bridges, and it's got the comfort of a Floyd and the fast string changes of a TOM. I think it'd look really cool on a Rhoads or King V.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X