Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defending Jacksons/Charvels from flamage

replying to diablomozart...

When you expect locknuts and trems to be installed properly and you don't have xray vision to see missing wood around screws, there is no way of telling how a locknut or trem would be installed unless you dis assemble the guitar. Dont you think? and why should anyone dis assemble a new guitar? I just don't see how this problem could be the buyers fault anyway.........

Comment

I saw some pretty interesting posts after mine. I saw the reference to "retard" as well. I hate to break it to you but I'm an electronics engineer and computer programmer by trade, I used to be a cabinet maker as well so I do know something about woods and construction, and also how to hide flaws.

I still believe that when you buy something it should work right, no excuses, no crap, no name dropping. Sure there are going to be critics, just like a$$ holes, everybody has em. But my post was plain and simple to read, the point was, "hidden flaws" There is not a person on the planet that could have seen thoes kinds of flaws, not even the guitar Luther himself!! So what's the f@#$n problem? Does everybody need an ass kicking to give a guy respect? Or am I chatting with teenagers, cause if I am, I'm outa here, I don't have time for a$$holes.

Comment

??????? i don't remember mentioning locknuts or trems in my post, but i agree that if you pay the money the thing should work right but also, you get what you pay for...btw i'm 34...lol...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Man I'm 18 and I KNOW I'm a dumbass....so there ya go.

Comment

Ive been a Jackson/Charvel fan since the 80`s.Why, to me they are the most well put together guitar ever made.And still to this day, have the greatist quality. The dont need to be sheilded from flammage, their name and play can back up any bad mouthing. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm relatively new to Jacksons. My WRMG is only my first bought guitar and I've only been playing guitar for about 18 months. (I upgraded from a Samick DS-410 that I had borrowed from a friend for about a year while starting guitar lessons). I must say, this Jackson feels and plays more comfortably than I could have hoped for.

Although my experience with other guitar companies is limited (my friends play: an ESP LTD M-50; a Washburn (crappy low-end) Paul Stanley; an old '89 Ibanez EX series; and a Mexican Fender Stratocaster) I can honestly say that my baby outperforms them all. However, my guitar teacher plays a Jackson Kelly Std. and I have never felt a neck so perfect. So naturally I was turned on to Jacksons from him. I have never regretted it.

Although I still have a lot more experimenting ahead of me, I doubt I will ever find a neck to compete with the Kelly's "3rd Dimension." (And if I ever get a custom made guitar, that will be the first criteria.... the next would be a Kelly Star body [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

But anyway, most "dumbass" "punks" that I know (who of course think they're the greatest guitarists of all time with their 2-fingered power chords) have cowered in fear of my Jackson WRMG (and my rendition of Quo Vadis' Hunter/Killer [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).

Rock On, Jackson Heads. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The total cost for repairs was 500 bucks on the guitars!! but they are good looking guitars though, heh
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the $500 in question included parts.

And Newc, go on and feel free to start the Douchebag Olympics if it makes you feel better. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Not all 15 year olds are douches who worship MTV and are sheep. About 80% [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

How about this: ignore the kid. without rebounding the same ignorance sighting everyone born before 1988 watches MTV and thus MUST be an idiot. try to look at fools on a case-by-case basis. this kid probably hasn't seen a jackson little, if ever, except in some nostalgia pictures from the 80's. most metal bands are just taking the check from ESP and Ibanez and running with it. its that simple. they have to eat too. more power to the ones who can afford to use jacksons, though. when the kid finally gets a chance to compare these guitars side-by-side, he might just forget about pretense and pick the better guitar. besides, it's not your duty to defend this or any company from flamage. let the guitar speak for itself, it will.

Comment

Dude, logic and reason have no place on this board! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

GREAT post chuck!!!

Comment

oh yeah.... in that case, give em a nice big wedgie, compliments of the JCF! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yep...pretty funny
                            & all esp arent bad I dont own any now but ive owned an M1(bolton), M1 custom with the bevel in the lower bout, & a phoenix custom(firebird) last 2 had the jackson headstocks. I paid less than $500 for each BRAND new yes im dating myself. those were great guitars & i never had a problem with any of them. IMO the ESPs of today do NOT compare.
                            as for Jacksons i havent played many of the new ones BUT the USA selects i have played ROCK, the imports i havnt & wont play.
                            I recently tried a few so called custom shop ESPs kamikazee included & THEY WERE CRAP. & for the $1000+ price tag, SILLY that a company that sold guitars for under $500 now charges $1000+ & they arent as good, but isnt that what always happens

its really sad when i was 15 I wanted Jacksons, BCRichs Hamers & Deans but on a paperboys salary all i could afford was ESPs. oh yeah & a stint as pathmark stockboy.....that paid for my MODEL6 & first USA made guitar bcrich ST-3

Comment

let buddy play your guitars for 5 min's if he can't see that your Jackson's are better than his esp's he's ****ing tone deaf man !!! lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X