Whats wrong with chrome?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats wrong with chrome?!?

Personally, I think black has been somewhat overdone in recent years, but still like it. I tend to prefer chrome and gold right now, though. Satin chrome is butt ugly IMHO, and finally seems to be dying off.

Bottom line: it's all a matter of taste. I wish Jackson would offer hardware color as an upgrade option on USA Select orders that need to be built. And stick with the current arrangement on regular dealer stocks and imports.

Comment

For Jacksons, I prefer black hardware across the board. Chrome and gold are just not very Metal. You know, "none more black" and all that...

Now, a Les Paul Black Beauty looks silly with anything other than gold hardware. And chrome is fine for most guitars.

Actually, as long as the damned stuff works, the color is not very important...

Comment

There are a few finishes that I think look best with chrome hardware. My KV2 is trans blue with chrome, and it looks fantastic, as does my blue DR2. I replaced the black pickup rings on the DR2 with chrome, which was a vast improvement, but I couldn't find chrome rings to fit the Armstrongs on my blue RR2.

If gold hardware didn't start looking like crap so quickly, I'd probably go with gold more often. But I haven't had such good luck, and don't want to have to replace hardware every couple of years to keep a guitar looking nice.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it completely depends on the guitar.

I like the gold on my DK1, it looks cool and I think it would look goofy with chrome or black hardware on it.

I think Chrome hardware looks GREAT on the Transparent finishes USA Soloists. Really Classy.

Black hardware looks cool on just about any painted guitar. My Yellow SL2H would look wrong with anything but black hardware.

And I think the gold is really gonna look cool on the Chlorine SL2H's that Matt has coming in. That is gonna be sharp!!

SO my .02 is that it depends on what paint/finish the guitar has as to how the hardware looks on it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

True about it not being very metal, but it's the best on a trans blue or dark trans red finish IMO.

Comment

Black
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, NewC, just badmouth ALL of my guitars, why don't you? I've got a black guitar with black hardware and a white one with black hardware. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I prefer black most of the time, but it does depend on the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X