Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats wrong with chrome?!?

Originally posted by ZeNo:
    i haaate gold hardware...looks like a pimpguitar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's the down side here? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I like black hardware on most guitars, but sometimes chrome is very appropriate, as is gold.

Comment

Like said, personal preference and contrasting colors look good. I also do not like gold, looks crappy after it starts wearing, IMO. Black looks cool on lighter colors, chrome on darker colors.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by After Forever:
        I only like gold hardware on white guitars.. that rules [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like this? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://carvin.electricshockmusic.com/toejamsc90_2.jpg

This is my only guitar with maple board and gold hardware, and I love it. Though, I prefer the black hardware on most of my other guitars, and I have a couple with regular chrome. Black rules!!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy from VENTT:
          It's all a matter of personal preference. I prefer Black as well. What I would REALLY like is a Black guitar with Flaurecent Orange hardware! Now THAT would ROCK! I'd call it my orange sherbert. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Troy, check out Sperzel's site. They make them in a lot of different colors! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.sperzel.com/main.htm

[ December 29, 2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hahahah Sweet! But I'm holding out for good ole' Orange Sherbert! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I still love the chrome. Soon as I can spare some cash, I'm gonna run a snow white pearl RR shape through the custom shop with chrome pickup rings and a chrome original floyd bridge. I think it'll give it a real classy look

Comment

I like different colors for different guitars. Like a Les Paul or something like that look sweet with chrome. A V or kelly or something look killer with black. Gold is ok but I'm not a huge fan of it. I like both chrome a lot, but I like black a little better.

Comment

It's all a matter of personal preference. I prefer Black as well. What I would REALLY like is a Black guitar with Flaurecent Orange hardware! Now THAT would ROCK! I'd call it my orange sherbert. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like everything but gold hardware. The gold wears too quickly and just looks cheap. Chrome and black hardware rock! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Black hardware on a white guitar makes it look like one of those plastic Mickey Mouse guitars - like a toy guitar.
                      Black on black like the "Gawth" Gibsons looks like total sh!t.

Gold on black or white screams class (ala Gibson Les Paul Custom), but chrome on black looks better than chrome on white.

I hated that "brushed chrome" hardware on Jacksons - that stuff looks like plastic.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmmm...I think black on white looks great... like in an Ivory SL2H [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Black on black does look ****ty on the Goth range, but again, I think it looks great on the DXMG [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Chrome on black can look a litle cheap sometimes...but chrome on white is a sure [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Chrome on the DK-2 HRF is just meant to be...a match made in heaven [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

9 more days till it gets here..

Comment

I still like chrome and have it on most of my guitars. I guess I am an old dude cause I think chrome pick-up bezels and a chrome Floyd Rose original looks good regardless of color. (Randy Rhoads and Dave Murry early strat). The gold does look good on certain guitar colors black, white and even some trans finishes. The chrome stuff seems to hold up better for me. The gold and black wears off after time.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Heck, I've got a Chrome Pickguard on my Black Washburn Culprit Dimebag thingy.. its great when the spotlight hits it!

Can you say.. "owww my eyes!" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ZeNo:
                              i haaate gold hardware...looks like a pimpguitar
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then I guess when I play my white LP Custom with gold hardware you can call me Pimp Daddy, mofo. Now, where's my beatches'? They best have my money, not some, not most, but all of my cash! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 30, 2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: StukaJU87 ]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I don't think chrome is bad; I just don't think it goes well with most Jackson finishes, and gold and black go better. Chrome goes nicely with a lot of blue finishes, but I think for dark colors (except black) as well as trans finishes, gold looks the nicest.

Comment

Working...
                                X