No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan strat cover on a SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's the same picture that's on the sd site. why would pitbull audio carry covers for a pickup that hasn't been made in over a decade and sd admits they don't sell anymore? where is there any indication that the covers on that site are indeed for stacks, other than the obviously STOCK image which is the same one sd uses on their site?

sure, contact them. but make sure you ask for the SD part number on the bag. 99% sure it will match the part number on sd's website, which we know is NOT for stacks.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      it's the same picture that's on the sd site. why would pitbull audio carry covers for a pickup that hasn't been made in over a decade and sd admits they don't sell anymore? where is there any indication that the covers on that site are indeed for stacks, other than the obviously STOCK image which is the same one sd uses on their site?
      Duncan shows pictures of both on their site, though. Pitbull may have old stock.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

seems unlikely that they would have old stock of the stack covers and not any new stock of the single coil covers (black PLUS logo). if you search for black duncan cover on their site, you get two; one with logo, and one without. if there was old stocks of the stack covers, you'd expect at least three: normal with/without logo, and then the stack covers. it doesn't add up.

like I said, call em up and ask if you want OP. it would be really great if they were indeed NOS stack covers. but make sure you get the actual SD part number, which for some reason isn't on the site.

Comment

https://guitarelectronics.com/seymou...ack-with-logo/

Another place
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23210208510...evt=1&mkcid=28
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

the first link you just posted is for the "hot stack" which is a different pickup and has a single rail pole piece, not 6 pole pieces. look closely at the picture.

there's no indication the second one is for a stack.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                the first link you just posted is for the "hot stack" which is a different pickup and has a single rail pole piece, not 6 pole pieces. look closely at the picture.

there's no indication the second one is for a stack.
                I'm not here to argue with you!! You're right about the one being a rail, I couldn't see it well. My aim is only to give the DUDE some choices, witch maybe he was selling it and decided fuck it.( by the way the left pickup already looked like it had been polished) but hey, break out the toothpaste

Comment

that's fine. I'm just trying to keep him from wasting his time

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words and help. The picture from the stores are a generic picture taken from Seymour Duncan and the picture is not correct, they have discontinued this cover a while back, this guitar is a 2001. so I am keeping the original covers really they are not that bad I was upgrading and cleaning the guitar and thought to change the cover . Not a big deal I will never get rid of the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X