Country of manufacture of 2021 SL3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    "real" mirror? if it's smooth and highly reflective it's a "real" mirror. do both of you mean real glass? yeah, that would be doubtful, and also undesirable.
    I agree, years ago I had a Kramer Mick Mars Tele with a real glass mirror. The edges turned black where the backing chipped, cracks at almost all the screw mounts, and had to make sure I had Windex and paper towels as the fingerprints were worse than a gloss black guitar. Sold it for a good price to someone that was buying it for a Collector in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Theothergflo View Post
      If I’m gonna get something better I want brand name pickups.
      Pickups are easy enough to swap out so I don't mind OEM pickups. Given a choice, If I am spending more, I want to ensure fretwork and fit-and-finish (things I can't easily exchange or fix myself) are excellent. I can live with poor pickups, which can be swapped, and I can live with a poor setup, since I'm going to tear down every guitar and set it up to my liking anyways.

Comment

(Outside of guitar finishes) Mirrors come in numerous qualities. They aren't all $1000/sqft. You can buy them for $5 if you want. You can buy them so heavy that it needs professionally installed on your wall, or so light that they can be held up with a thumbtack.
        And paints - you can achieve a mirror finish these days. Spray on chrome. Any number of choices these days.

Comment

The guitar releases on 3/1 according to guitar center.

Comment

Originally posted by Theothergflo View Post
            1000 FR tremolo instead of the standard FR.
            I tried an SL3R today and was surprised that this is a 1000 FR. The tuning screws were rough to turn, like on a junk tremolo (worse than a Special).
            The guitar was overall below what I expect for Pro series or for the price. To be fair, the back of the neck felt nice and the fretwork was fine. The neck binding wasn't done well and the mirror looked crude around the neck pocket and the switch. There were little cracks around the tuners.
            The truss rod cover didn't sit right, as though the screw was incorrectly positioned.
            The frets were smaller than I'm used to from other Jacksons, but some people will like that.
            It's probably a fun guitar for show but I wouldn't rank it among the Mexican or even Indonesian ones that I've tried.
            Last edited by Xoph; 07-07-2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoph View Post

I tried an SL3R today and was surprised that this is a 1000 FR. The tuning screws were rough to turn, like on a junk tremolo (worse than a Special).
              The guitar was overall below what I expect for Pro series or for the price. To be fair, the back of the neck felt nice and the fretwork was fine. The neck binding wasn't done well and the mirror looked crude around the neck pocket and the switch. There were little cracks around the tuners.
              The truss rod cover didn't sit right, as though the screw was incorrectly positioned.
              The frets were smaller than I'm used to from other Jacksons, but some people will like that.
              It's probably a fun guitar for show but I wouldn't rank it among the Mexican or even Indonesian ones that I've tried.
              I've felt some rough FR 1000s, especially with the tuners. I'm convinced most are like that unless you fix it. Also special finishes or not, I'm still not spending these prices on MIC Jacksons.
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

tbh I wouldn't spend these prices on any production model period, MIC or not. The Crackle Rhoads are 3100 AUD here, 2800 if you can sweet talk the store, I can get a USA and a second hand Indo for that much, its just too much money to spend on a guitar. Both the KEXS and the Crackle Rhoads felt pretty fucking nice though, but honestly so does most guitars here, we don't really have a chain like Sam Ash or Guitar Center, all stores are brick and mortar mom and pops store, so they take care of their instrument.

The FR1000 and FRS has the same base plate allegedly, and I've had some really nice one and some crud one for both. I just picked up a second hand 2015 (first gen Cort Indonesian X-Series) WRXMG, and its a player, FRS feels great, fret is perfect, minor "chip" on binding that's likely because its a 6 years old guitar that's been sitting around the pawn shop for god know how long. Too bad the fucking courier treated it like shit and knocked out the top wing.

Comment

Working...
                X