Stupid myths & lies in Jackson/Charvel world? eg: Ft. Worth plates = USA made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just said in another topic....
    I don't think we are going to be talking about today's Pro models in 2050, the way we are talking today about Model Series or the Pro models from 1990.

Comment

Well the price difference back then wasnt that high either. If i remember correctly from the price lists. The highest priced PROs from 1990 were well over 1K and USA models were under 2K. From the 1994 price list on Jackson site the PCS series were a bit over 2K and those are retail prices.

These days the Pro series are around 1K And USA are what 3-5K. If they were to make guitars in Japan today how much would the prices have to be like 2K+ ?

And about using the CUSTOM. Before they added the numbering system SL-1, RR-1 they called them Usa series soloist custom for example. The numbers came 1996 i believe.
      But yes the CUSTOM word gets thrown out willy nilly to almost any USA Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
        These days the Pro series are around 1K And USA are what 3-5K. If they were to make guitars in Japan today how much would the prices have to be like 2K+ ?
        $2400 to $3000 for basic spec'd new usas. custom select can obviously add some more on top. and did you miss the new wild card pro series which are $1800-$1900? made in korea. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Kinda' off topic....but, I've noticed at least twice recently people listing USA Select models with a graphic/finish that'd be a Custom Select order today
          are asking silly high prices because 'This graphic would be a Custom Shop order with a Custom Shop price tag today'....

Guy up here in Canada had an early-mid 2000s Pile O Skulls Select model listed as Custom using that logic. Oh, and he changed the pups, so...Custom.
          I think it started around $3500, now it's well under $3000 and the 'Custom' heading is gone.
          yeah, I agree he shouldn't advertise it as "custom" since it's not, but to be fair, that graphic (and any graphic) would indeed be a custom select order today, with ridiculous lead time as well as a $700 up charge.

Comment

Kinda' off topic....but, I've noticed at least twice recently people listing USA Select models with a graphic/finish that'd be a Custom Select order today
            are asking silly high prices because 'This graphic would be a Custom Shop order with a Custom Shop price tag today'...
            On a related note, I vaguely remember seeing a JCF thread arguing that USA Select Series Jacksons were essentially "Custom Shop" since the same staff divided their time between building Custom Shop guitars and USA Select Series guitars. 😃

Comment

People are idiots.
              I'm a poor person to argue with if you don't have the facts.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

On a related note, I vaguely remember seeing a JCF thread arguing that USA Select Series Jacksons were essentially "Custom Shop" since the same staff divided their time between building Custom Shop guitars and USA Select Series guitars. 😃
                well when i was on the artist roster i asked about the usa series...i was told they were indeed made in the same shop...the differences? standardized neck and body shapes, standardized electronics, a limited choice of graphic options, made in small batches of 12-15 guitars...so my conclusion was, made in the custom shop but in reality not an actual custom...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                  Here's another that's been irking me when people list their MIJ made Jacksons on classifieds. They take the story that goes back to the Pro Professionals of the early nineties and then use it to hype up ANY MIJ Jacksons, stating things like "they were so good they were losing USA Custom shop sales! That's why they don't make them anymore!" (I've saw it today on a WRMG ad)

Ummmmmm no. Especially not for a lower end one!
                  Good example.
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/st-ca...tar/1516414230
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

LOL. First time I've seen Rhoads spelled "Rohdes". 😂 This RR3 would almost qualify for a "WTF Alert" post in the E-fraid forum based on the price and the silly description!

Randy Rohdes v guitar

$1,200.00

Randy Rhodes V guitar made in Japan. Awsome guitar. Semour Duncan pick ups comes with original Jackson hard custom case. Serial #9762238. This guitar stands up to the U.S.A. models maybe even better built. Asking $1,200. No Trades please. Don't try to lowball do your research. Please call Dan at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Comment

He's sticking to his guns 'cause he ignored me and it's still there.

Comment

Working...
                      X