Tribute to the Ex-Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tribute to the Ex-Collectors

i cant save to save to save my life, so i figure its better than going up my nose! so this is the way i save and if i have to sell someday i can say i had almost everything i wanted, atleast took care of some childhood dreams!

Comment

Tim Rose is a decent guy, at least in my dealings with him. I got one of my favorite guitars from him, he even held it for a few weeks for me to come up with the cash, when he could have sold it to others without waiting. I'd been at him for a year or so on the guitar, and he let me knew ahead of time that he was planning on selling it. I thought that was really cool. He also contributed a lot to the board. I wish him well.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I was going to mention AL Z but I know how some feel about him but he was always straight up with me.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Jim the fact that you seek out early serial#'s jacksons makes you a collector. to me a collector only buys certain things, does changed pickups & hardware bother you, if YES you are a collector. do you consider rarity before playabilty if YES you are a collector.

Comment

Changed parts don't really bother me. Some parts needed to be changed in the era I like (like the crappy pots and Jackson made pickups). Refins do not bother me either. As far as playability goes, I have bought almost all of my guitars online, so it is impossible to judge playability before I buy.

Comment

Some of the best guitars I have are Parts and Pieces - Never bothered me either

Pre Pro's = Parts and Pieces

Comment

Yes, I agree. And often inferior parts were changed to enhance the guitar (often is the key word, sometimes stupid mods are made as well).

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                  Jim the fact that you seek out early serial#'s jacksons makes you a collector. to me a collector only buys certain things, does changed pickups & hardware bother you, if YES you are a collector. do you consider rarity before playabilty if YES you are a collector.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only seek out USA Custom Ontario Jacksons. Specifically anything between 87-96 or so. My favorite years.

Does that make me a collector?

I happen to like the way those feel the best. All of my 87-96 custom Jacksons have a quality level and feel to them that are different than anything newer or older.

I consider myself a picky player who just happens to have a collection of Jacksons.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Changed parts don't usually bother me, but i really love the original look and wear on the guitar. I do not like re-painted and guitars that have been brought back to mint condition. I correct myself, I like them but I prefer the original condition.

I also like the old stuff... low serial nos, brass, etc... if it has a straight (or fairly straight) that is all that i require... playability? what's that... when all we do is buy sight-unseen?

Diego

Comment

I have a much simpler view on this collecting thing. I "collect" the Jackson I like, the problem is there aren't many Jacksons I don't like [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I'm basically a player who wants his guitars to stay in "collector" condition. Changed pickups don't bother me. I'm into cars as well and to me pickups fall into that bolt-on category. Its an easily reversible modification which doesn't require permanent changes to the guitar.
                      I've dealt with Tim Rose before and he's a good guy. I bought my 97 NAMM Rhoads LTD from him. I also talked to him a few times by phone and e-mail about a few axes on E-Bay. Seemed quite knowledgeable on the stuff!

Rudy
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

wish i still had a collection. it hurts still.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The One True Collector...

Comment

I sold Tim Rose a few pieces but haven't heard from him in a while. I know his reputation was in question for a bit but from what I heard he had corrected the problem. Seemed like a nice enough guy in my dealings with him. Is he done with the Charvel/Jackson thing?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                            X