Where to get Floyd Speedloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to get Floyd Speedloader

d'addario cost around 7,50 $ a pack here in Holland.
    a few weeks ago I bought ten packs (each 4$) on a big sale.

strings for my classical guitar already cost about 13,50$, and I bet speedloader strings would also be as expensive as those, perhaps even more

Comment

$2.75 a pack for Carvin strings... so bite me! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] And they're made by GHS... They seem the same as the GHS Boomers I've used for 15 years! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ December 17, 2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

BigDaddyD: No offense taken bro! But doesn't it stand to reason that if "I" am getting my strings for $3.50 a pack and "I" can get the Speedloader strings for $7.00 a pack, wouldn't that mean that "Others" who are paying $7.00 a pack for whatever reason (Not in the US, etc.) would MORE THAN LIKELY be paying in the area of $14.00 a set for the Speedloader strings? That's just common sense to me but then, my mind's pretty twisted so....

Personally, I don't have a problem with the Speedloader... It's not my thing, but I'm not gonna judge others on there opinions. It just offended me that someone would make an idiotic judgemental remark like "Besides, if you aren't payin 5 or 6 bucks already you're using $hit strings." Anyone with half a brain cell knows that about 80% of the strings out there are generally the same... They ALL work... It's just a matter of personal preference... NOT a matter of using "$hit strings". [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I doubt anyone will have to pay $14 per pack in the US. That would destroy the market immediatley. Floyd is an intelligent indiviual. I would be shocked if he let that happen. Quite frankly I would expect to see a price drop. More manufacturers will be licensed to make them. It all comes down to how much research you do. Clearly you are aware of that since you get such a good price. I tend to flip flop based on price myself. I don't gig so I dont' need Elixirs or what not all of the time. I buy strings whenever I can in bulk and look for deals. I just bought 21 sets of SIT super hooks for Floyds for $20. I don't even know if these are made anymore. The ones I got might not even be good anymore for all I know, but I figured I would give them a shot at that price. I buy the same ones as you when I can find them cheap. Hell, I paid $7 a pack for the Elixirs, which sell for $11 or so a pack here. I hear people bithing about Steinberger strings as well. One store tried to charge my friend $25 a pack! I found them for $5.

Comment

Looks like we're having some fun with this. Strings in my area, presuming the price is by the pack are around 5 or 6 bucks. Not $3.50. If I were to aquire a speedloader I would most likely buy in bulk online. Your not getting Daddario strings were I live for 3.50. To my knowledge the cheapest I've seen them for in years is $5.

As for Troy..... I 've been been playing for years as well. Not all strings are the same. I doubt many others are getting single packs at that price. Do not refer to me as an idiot. You wouldn't in person I assure you that. If you don't have a source for speedloaders find another topic to discuss. Heres an idea..... start a thread topic " People who buy custom guitars without even knowing what wood its made out of "

Comment

I use D'Addario XL's for 1 very simple reason.

They are tension tested. (like the speedloaders)

This means when you set your intontion, the next set of D'Addario XL's you put on (assuming they are the same guage) will be 99.999% the same. No floyds raising / lowering either. Your truss rod will love you too. Consistency.

Comment

LOL! First, chill out bro! No harm no foul! Did you not notice the smiley at the end of my remark? I was just poking fun at your statement.

And I NEVER called you an idiot! Only an Idiot would call a person an idiot not knowing the person! hahahah I said you made an "Idiotic and Judgemental remark"... 2 totally different things bro....

Seriously dude, I appologize for getting under your skin like I did.. I promise those weren't my intentions, it was all in good fun I assure you.

hahahah And yea, you're right.. I guess it's pretty stupid of me to not care about what type of wood my guitar is made of! Nice jab! (See how easy it is to take a little poking?)

Comment

Originally posted by nofloyds:
                  How the Hell can you be complaining about strings costing a measly $7 ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  Its worth it for less hassle. Besides, if you aren't payin 5 or 6 bucks already you're using $hit strings. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it seems to me that you were the one saying people use **** strings if they're not paying 5 or 6 bucks already, so what's the problem? Troy doesn't use **** strings and neither do I. Maybe you need to shop around a little more for a better deal? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

P.S. It's also been known that there's very few manufacturers of strings out there just packaging under different names. Case in point... my strings in the Carvin package are made by GHS (it doesn't say GHS on the package, but Carvin employees have told me that's who makes them).

[ December 18, 2002, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam... Do some research and let us know how many retail stores sell Carvin strings for $2.75 a SINGLE pack. Hmmm..I dont even see the option to buy single packs in the Carvin catalogue, only buy bulk. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Troy... Lets think back to your thread about your new GMW. I asked what type wood was used. You replied you were unsure. Did I at that point continue on to say that I thought the fact that the bodywood was of no consideration in a CUSTOM JOB was idiotic? No I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Scary P4P:
                        I use D'Addario XL's for 1 very simple reason.

They are tension tested. (like the speedloaders)

This means when you set your intontion, the next set of D'Addario XL's you put on (assuming they are the same guage) will be 99.999% the same. No floyds raising / lowering either. Your truss rod will love you too. Consistency.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think I have to agree. This is the main reason why I've stuck with D'Addario EXL110s since I started buying brand name strings. If I snap a string, I can replace just the one string, tune it back up, and the whole guitar will be in tune just like it was before. Of course, I'll have to stretch the new string a bit beofre it will settle completely...

Comment

I've never had a problem doing the same thing with my Ernie Balls. Although I rarely break strings anyway. They all seem to hold together well until next string change. Maybe string breakage is an issue with D'Addarios??? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by nofloyds:
                            Troy... Lets think back to your thread about your new GMW. I asked what type wood was used. You replied you were unsure. Did I at that point continue on to say that I thought the fact that the bodywood was of no consideration in a CUSTOM JOB was idiotic? No I didn't.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OMG! This is STILL going on? Dude... I've already appologized... Get on with your life please! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But just for the record, if you're going to quote me, please do a little research.. My EXACT response to you was "The body is Alder or Poplar I'm sure (Same thing IMHO)." As you can CLEARLY see, we're talking about 2 different things here... You made an "Idotic and Judgemental" remark by stating that "if you aren't payin 5 or 6 bucks already you're using $hit strings.".... Do you not see? I made NO judgements in MY response to your question AND I'd like to think if you DID make a jab at me at that time, I'd have laughed it off and even joked right along with you about it.

I don't understand why you continue to drag this out... It's pointless... I've already appologized for getting under your skin but yet you continue to make bogus statements and digging yourself into a deeper hole... Move on and learn to relax a bit! I seriously have NO problem with you and think you're a cool guy as long as I block out this thread! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ December 19, 2002, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Troy from VENTT ]

Comment

I have to pay high bloody prices for anything here, there's only one music store within a 1.5 hour drive, so they basically have a monopoly...they take advantage of it.

Comment

string prices in denver are all over the place. i know of at least one store that sells D'addario's for $9/set (i almost fell over). Most small places get $6/set. I can go to guitar center and get them for $3.50 a set all day long but, i choose not to support GC. I go to music gear guys $4.25/set or Drumcity $4.50/set. last i knew whis is about 15 years ago so things have changed i'm sure. D'addario made and sold string winding equipment to all other string manufacturers and did a lot of repackaging for other brands.
                                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                                X