Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JT580

...but that's a good thing! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well since I was the one who started this thread
      and because I've now had the guitar with JT580 for 10+ months I figured I would give my experience with it. Stays in tune very well. It is a 100 times better than the JT500 that was on
      my son's PS-2 Jackson. It would never stay in tune. String changes still take twice as long as
      any of my other guitars!
      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Hmmm...I don't get what makes the JT500 such a bad trem...it's a copy of the JT590 and should work as well, if not better, than a JT580 as it has the hardened inserts, or I'm assuming they are, wouldn't be too hard to put some good metal there. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I had an PS4 with such a trem (JT500) and believe it or not, I destroyed it after a divebomb. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It stays in tune, that is not the point, but the tappings on the bar and the tappings in the thing the bar is supposed to be put in (how do you call such a thing [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ) just broke off [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

I have installed A trem-setter tremolo stabilizer..returns tremolo to exact neutral. stays in tune no matter what! fine tuning is better, and tuning an individual string does not effect the others . yep..just replace the middle trem string with it....my opinion, of course [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have installed A trem-setter tremolo stabilizer..returns tremolo to exact neutral. stays in tune no matter what! fine tuning is better, and tuning an individual string does not effect the others . yep..just replace the middle trem string with it....my opinion, of course [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Question, maybe stupid but: If one should replace a 580 with an OFR, which usually fits immediately, do you also replace the locking entirely? And does that fit immediately?

Comment

I've replaced a JT580LP trem AND nut with Original Floyd Rose parts from Carvin, and everything fit just fine.
                  The JT500 was closer to the Floyd than a Schaller (string lock screws), and I thought it was better than the 580.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok thanks man, because Ed Romans site asks for locking measures when you try to order an OFR

Comment

Here's my take. On my DK2 (2.5 months old BTW), it was fantastic 'til about 3 weeks ago. Then, all of a sudden, damn thing wouldn't stay in tune for ****. Divebomb, tuning dropped dramatically and stayed there. Pull up, exact opposite. After talking it through on the phone with LPC (thanx brutha), I removed it, inspected it (everything looked ok but I questioned the knife edges - couldn't tell if it was actually worn or if it was just the way it was milled), threw it back in and restrung 'er. Same, same. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] So for the next 2 weeks, after putting on new strings, I attempted to tweak the trem springs a lil' at a time. Helped a lil', but it would still go outta tune and I could never get it to return to pitch. At this point I said "**** it!" and decided to block it ala Sully's sticky. I glued a stack of picks together (had nothing better) and blocked it. Problem solved! My plan was to have a machinist I know make a block for me as a permanent replacement, but I've decided to replace all the chrome hardware with black to include a black OFR.

The exact opposite holds true for my son's DK2S. He wears the ever-livin'-**** outta his JT580LP and it stays in tune forever. Hardly ever needs even fine tuning. Maybe that's my problem.... not enough trem use. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Of course, I'm not the Randy Rhoads wannabe that HE is! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font>
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I had the 580LP on my DR3 that I used to have, and man, that thing pissed me off on a daily basis!
                        I had problems with strings slipping from their saddles a lot (never once had that happen on any other guitar), the thing didn't seem to hold tune very well and it just felt cheap and icky to me all around.
                        Believe it or not I liked the cheap floyd copy on my Kramer better than the 580LP.. but the one that's on my Kelly body (Schaller! so it must be a JT590?) is WORLDS better!

Comment

Does the Floyd rose pro fit the JT580lp?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I had the 580LP on my DR3 that I used to have, and man, that thing pissed me off on a daily basis!
                            I had problems with strings slipping from their saddles a lot (never once had that happen on any other guitar), the thing didn't seem to hold tune very well and it just felt cheap and icky to me all around.
                            Believe it or not I liked the cheap floyd copy on my Kramer better than the 580LP.. but the one that's on my Kelly body (Schaller! so it must be a JT590?) is WORLDS better!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my problems with the 580

Comment

Working...
                            X