X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson log book

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
    Larry,

Nice to see you again! I though you were one of the "lost members".
    I still thank you sir for helping me out on my first San Dimas axe-The Amir Derahk Soloist..

I hope to see you on many more posts as i think your knowlege is SO valuable.

KEEP POSTING!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was definitely a nice one - did that one come from "Guitars for Stars"?

Comment

What about the actual work orders? Did Jackson lose J0001-1000 work orders as well making it impossible to look those numbers up? It was my understanding that Robert just received the serial number log, not the work order files.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
        It's still there along with work orders.

I understand Rob Witte had to pay a nice chunk of change to Rob Lane to get those Jackson records. He recently put them up for public viewing, which is pretty cool:

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/evolution/J-Serials.html
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it's great to see the logbook posted online for everyone to use. I know that Robert Witte got the logs directly from the Custom Shop so I'm not sure how Robb Lane fits in? Considering that Tim Wilson is a friend and vacations at his place in Switzerland I don't think Robert Witte would need to pay for a copy of the logbook. Of course this is just my .02

Comment

I think the point from the first post that everyone's missing is that the log book would be at Ontario (or now Corona), not Ft Worth (AMIC) or Scottsdale (FMIC). You wouldn't call the corporate office to get that info, you'd call the shop itself.
          This apparently is where people are going wrong when they call for info on a guitar - they call the wrong place.

And yes, that's a shitty thing to do - steal the ONLY copy. I guess Lane was more interested in selling off the original than just having a copy for the info. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by LarryLangell:
            I think it's great to see the logbook posted online for everyone to use. I know that Robert Witte got the logs directly from the Custom Shop so I'm not sure how Robb Lane fits in? Considering that Tim Wilson is a friend and vacations at his place in Switzerland I don't think Robert Witte would need to pay for a copy of the logbook. Of course this is just my .02
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rob Witte did NOT get the logs from the Custom Shop. He paid some big dollars to Rob Lane to buy the original stolen logs. That's how Rob Witte got them.

Comment

I'm not trying to argue this to death - it's not a big deal to me either way. I'm just going by what Robert Witte has to say so I'm surprised when I hear a different story from others.

[ December 15, 2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: LarryLangell ]

Comment

It's quite common knowledge that Rob Witte bought all the Jackson record, batches of logos, etc from Rob Lane when he sold out. It's something Rob Witte freely admits, nothing anyone is trying to hide and absolutely nothing against Rob Witte.

Comment

Well, there isn't much I can say to that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I talk to Robert Witte on a regular basis- he's always been completely honest. I asked him about it yesterday and he again said the logs came from the Custom Shop, not Robb Lane.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, it's just that what I've been told contradicts the "common knowledge" info./rumor. There is probably plenty to rip on Robb Lane about but I don't see the logbook as one. This all makes for good reading anyway.

Comment

It's been 18 years since the last post. But there's been a lot of chatter of the log book lately. So I thought maybe it should be brought to the top again.

Comment

Are there live links to _any_ of the logbook info? It sucks trying to dig through various sites in Wayback Machine to find them

EDIT: Did manage to find one working page https://web.archive.org/web/20151020...J0388-0414.jpg
                      Last edited by neptoess; 09-15-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X