No announcement yet.

New to Jacksons; Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good deal. I hate HSS layouts, but if the quality is similar to my 2006 DK2M you won't be disappointed. It plays about as well as my SL2H.

After a good setup job I'm sure it'll play great!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      Congratulations! At USD$300 you did well for a 2006-2011 Japanese DK2. During this time, they had black hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Early 2000s to 2006, they had chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups.

If you post the serial number, someone will be able to pinpoint the year. Better yet, if you disassemble the neck from the body, you'll find date stamps on the neck heel and neck pocket.
      It seemed like a good deal, I asked the seller a good bit of questions first.

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
      That's a good deal. I hate HSS layouts, but if the quality is similar to my 2006 DK2M you won't be disappointed. It plays about as well as my SL2H.
      After a good setup job I'm sure it'll play great!
      I hope so!
      I don't mind HSS I have the RG which is HH so figured may as well switch it up some.

Comment

It got here today it's going to need a setup, the bridge is floating a little low, not even with the body but man I am really impressed with the actual guitar itself.
        Serial number is 9785887

Comment

Congrats!

You already have experience owning guitars equipped with double locking tremolos. The setup should be easy for you. Plus, I imagine you'll want to install your own string brand/gauge and tune it your way, which necessitates a setup anyway.

Plenty of Youtube videos to explain how to set up Floyd-style tremolos in case you get stumped.

Comment

Congrats!

You already have experience owning guitars equipped with double locking tremolos. The setup should be easy for you. Plus, I imagine you'll want to install your own string brand/gauge and tune it your way, which necessitates a setup anyway.

Plenty of Youtube videos to explain how to set up Floyd-style tremolos in case you get stumped.
            Well the RG770 was my first and I haven't had it long but learned a lot quick.
            Thanks again for your help.

Comment

You're welcome... you're now part of the family!

Like you, I cut my teeth learning to set up Floyd-style trems with my first electric guitar, which was a 1990 Ibanez RG560. (I no longer have that guitar but I have four other Japanese RGs.) You and I have done well to start learning tinkering on a very solid tremolo (Ibanez Edge).

Optional, but hope you get around to sharing pics of your guitars. I'm partial to https://imgur.com/ but there are plenty of other free image hosting website options available on the web: https://www.google.ca/search?num=100....0.BNlxlXaMbUM

Comment

You're welcome... you're now part of the family!

Like you, I cut my teeth learning to set up Floyd-style trems with my first electric guitar, which was a 1990 Ibanez RG560. (I no longer have that guitar but I have four other Japanese RGs.) You and I have done well to start learning tinkering on a very solid tremolo (Ibanez Edge).

Optional, but hope you get around to sharing pics of your guitars. I'm partial to https://imgur.com/ but there are plenty of other free image hosting website options available on the web: https://www.google.ca/search?num=100....0.BNlxlXaMbUM

Yeah I will start a NGD here in a bit.
                For now just got this one:

Comment

Killer!

The Reverb listing only mentioned a gigbag. Did it actually come with a case after all?

Comment

Killer!

The Reverb listing only mentioned a gigbag. Did it actually come with a case after all?
                    YES!
                    A Jackson case at that.
                    At work now but I will post some more detailed pictures later.

Comment

The case just makes the deal even sweeter!

Comment

The case just makes the deal even sweeter!
                        Indeed it does

Comment

Without making me read 3 pages of posts...
                          I've seen people talk about quality being good, but that's only because we have erased the bad ones from our minds.

Do not buy a Jackson Performer or Concept, or a Charvel Desolation or CHS.

Comment

Working...
                          X