No announcement yet.

Jackson neck repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my setup man. Thankfully, I never used this guy for a headstock repair. http://woodshedguitarworks.com
    But I used the guy he "apprenticed" with before he died. So, I would feel confident to send one to him if I needed.

Comment

I have done a many neck break repairs. That is a bad break. Being vertical break lines. dam.
      Good luck Sir.
      >^v^<

Comment

Lee at GMW is your man - as John said, he's doing repairs again, and his work is second to none. Obviously, being clear-coated it's probably not going to be invisible though..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I am going to drive down to Third Coast next week and talk with them in person. I am going to also send some info to Lee and see if he's interested and what my expectations should be with the repair. Hopefully between those two I should get a realistic idea.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Out of curiosity and ignorance...would it be possible to replace the whole headstock with a new one by removing the peace from the scarf joint?

Comment

It could be done, but all of the features on the headstock like the inlay logo, custom shop decal, and binding would have to also be done again

Comment

Sure, but considering that this is no ordinary run of the mill model, if it could be done (assuming money and technical availability of parts are no issue) I would definitely think about it.

Comment

Have you considered emailing Jackson? I talked to them a while back about a repair on a weird clear color and they helped me out and were pretty quick to get back to me.

Comment

I remember Sully getting his Concord back and it had a broken neck, you might want to send him a message and find out who he sent his to, to be repaired, I don't think he fixed it himself
                    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Greg at BCR Music in Lemoyne, PA. is a fantastic luthier. I have seen him repair things only God could himself. I`d contact him.

http://www.bcrmusic.com/

Comment

Update! So after about a year or so I got this guitar back from Third Coast and they did an incredible job. After many back and forth exchanges it was decided the “best” way to repair this would be to create a new head and remove the damage at the scarf joint. They were able to pull the fret board and face plate to save all the unique details. They created a new head stock, reassembled and finished. You’d never know. It looks like new, feels like new, and plays like new.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

And the Jackson V family

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Wow, looks amazing man!
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks great. Like it never happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X