Satchel jumped ship??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satchel jumped ship??

Don't know if it's been discussed here already (couldn't find anything) but Satchel from Steel Panther was playing a green zebra print Charvel at the Helsinki gig a few days ago.

Has he ended his Kramer endorsement and switched to Charvel?

(Mods - If it has been mentioned already, please move/delete)

I love the guy. Monster player with awesome vibrato. Plays his role well. Probably the band I've seen the most live.

I noticed his Kramers have a 9.5" fretboard radius which seems too round (Fender modern radius) for not only a Gibson brand but also for a speedy player like him, considering he played Heartfield and Ibanez guitars which I assume have the very flat Ibanez radius of 17-20" (according to one source). Charvel's 12-16" seems like a nice middle ground.

Upon closer inspection... Dinky body (instead of a Strat body) with Charvel strathead neck, like the Warren DeMartini Snake guitars?
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 09-18-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

He played that Charvel in Oslo yesterday as well for almost the whole show, except the encore where he used his Kramer.

Comment

I gotta say, I'm stoked to see Satchel w/ Charvel, if this is vid is any indication of things to come. How long before we see a Satchel sig model? I'd fucking buy one if they made it in 24 frets!

Comment

Monster player. BTW, the singer also has a PhD title.

Comment

Maybe it has to do with him using EVH amps too? hmm...

Yup, monster players, great guys

Comment

Be good to see him with Charvel

Comment

Going to see them next month here in the UK, so will be interesting to see if he's still using it. There's still no mention of him on the main Charvel website, which is odd, because it must be quite a coup having a guitarist of his talent rocking one of their guitars. You'd think they'd be telling anyone who would listen!

Comment

This guy is a monster player too. A Steel Panther fan with lots of Charvels in his videos. He doesn't know much about this developing story either.

Comment

Awesome. Always loved Russ/Satchel, but preferred him in Rob Halford's Fight.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      His Floyd handling in Fight was much more daring and impressive. He tends to play it pretty conservative if not cliched these days.

Comment

Definitely. I guess Steel Panther is pretty much an '80s cliche, anyway.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I had no idea. Might have to drag out the Fight DVD tonight
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            This guy is a monster player too. A Steel Panther fan with lots of Charvels in his videos. He doesn't know much about this developing story either.

Hang on, that kid sounds like he's English!
                            A young Brit, who loves Charvels and plays proper rock guitar?
                            Maybe there is still hope.....

Comment

Millie jumped to ESP. But I haven't been paying attention so maybe that's old news here.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X