Guitars/guitar finishes you've lusted for in the past but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
    Back in high school I remember an ad in Circus magazine for an Aria Pro that I think was called the black knight or something like that. All black with gold hardware. I thought that was the coolest thing back in the day. I tried looking for pics of one but haven't found anything. Most likely it wouldn't be as special as I remember it.
    Aria Pro II Night Warrior?

Never saw a black and gold, but black and red was a common color scheme.

Comment

For me I used to want a silver burst in the worst way. Now im just fuckin' sick of it, its so cliche' and over done now.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
        For me I used to want a silver burst in the worst way. Now im just fuckin' sick of it, its so cliche' and over done now.
        ORLY?

Comment

^ That is so hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            ORLY?
            Dude you have a ton of nice Strats!
            Last edited by bucketbrian45; 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I will admit that is quite cool Axe!
              Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I've always really like the eerie des finish, and have lusted after it for years. Can I ask why the regret on it?
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  Aria Pro II Night Warrior?

Never saw a black and gold, but black and red was a common color scheme.
                  I think you are correct. It was over 25 yrs. ago and my memory ain't what it used to be.

Comment

-A clear lucite Warlock (and then I picked one up...uggg!)
                    -Floral Ibanez Jem (just seen too many for me to personally still want one, but still think they're cool)

Any PINK guitar is NEVER a purchase I'll ever regret...!!! I'm glad some of you guys pass them up. Gimme more!!

...oh, and yeah, the Cockdragon NEVER goes out of style...!!! I still want that one too!

Comment

If it sounds good and plays well and feels right I don't care what it looks like. As I've said before looks come third on guitars for me, always have and always will. Sound first playability second and that's the way everyone should be in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of pink but if I played a pink guitar that sounded awesome and played great I wouldn't give a damn about the color. People now days are way too hung up on what things look like in my opinion. Sound and feel are what counts fellas and the rest is all B.S details.
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 03-24-2014, 10:25 PM.
                      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Years after doing so, I regretted getting rid of my Ibanez XV500 (traded it towards my Model 6, but got next to nothing for it) so I tracked down another, but some asshole PO had butchered it. Kind of regret not waiting for one in better condition.

Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Holy sh*t! I understand modding a guitar to make it play better but damn! Mod it with a lil class at least. That looks like it was sawed out with a low E string. You should go back to the previous owner and poke him in the eye.
                          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

No clue as to the PO's identity. Bought it through the now defunct Daddy's Junky Music for $180. I know a painter who can likely color match the paint. I need to get off my ass and square the cut, fill it, and clean it up to match the original shape.
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

That's the worst mod I've ever seen.
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

-EDS guitars
                                -Warriors
                                I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                                ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                                Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                                Blackstar Soloist HT60
                                Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                                Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Working...
                                X