Good trade or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
    Thanks much. I've played guitars with Kahlers and don't dislike them. Never owned one though. Not even really sure why most people hate them.
    Because almost everything you need to do maintenance wise is more of a hassle with the Kahler. A Floyd is much easier to set up and maintain, and it will take a lot more abuse, IMO. Also, the feel... I don't like the feel of a Kahler. Both on the trem arm and how it feels against your palm.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd take the M4

Comment

Well look at it this way the MIJ model 4 will always be worth more than the MIC model.
        Kahlers are awesome all mine work like a dream.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          I'd say no just because of the Kahler. Like Hellraiser's signature line says; Kahler, Killing guitar values dead since well forever in my opinion.
          +1 Kahler = NO!
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Carvin used to have 1/16" inch action - on all frets. Totally straight, level, and equal.

You can't do that with a Floyd Rose. Action changes based on the level of the trem.
            Kahler action remained level -- until you did a dive bomb and the strings would slack. But that is a separate issue.

I realize that 1/16" is fairly standard. But:
            1. it was on all frets
            2. there is just something about a Carvin 1/16" that seems less that anyone else's 1/16".

Again, I prefer Floyd Rose. But Kahler is acceptable, and was even mandatory on some units.

Comment

I love my M4 but it has a JT6. I'd grab another in a second!! I haven't played a Kahler'd git since the 80's. Never owned a Kahler'd git at all. I don't remember liking it much, and many feel the same, so it would affect value for sure. If you can deal with the Kahler, then go for it! I tried one of the new Charvel Stars and wasn't at all impressed even though I thought for sure I was going to buy one going in...didn't.
              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

My dad has a Kahler on his old Charvel and it works, takes new strings easy too, but I dont use the tremolo bar when i play it cause it seems to be sloppy. I know that it make the guitar heavier than I like a guitar to be and makes it feel as heavy as an old les paul.

Comment

I personally would never trade a Japanese Guitar for a Chinese guitar. But that's just my opinion.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Whats the verdict man? Been a few days of radio silence...
                    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I haven't heard back. I'm thinking he changed his mind. Ill keep you posted.
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                      X