Good trade or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good trade or no?

Should I trade my Charvel SK1 for a 1986 model 4 with Kahler?
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Which one do you like better? 2 very different guitars.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I like them both. So I guess from a value perspective.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

OMFG. Not to be an ass but I just want a simple answer. So I guess I will simplify the question.

What can I expect to pay more for; a mint Charvel SK1 or a very good condition 1986 Charvel Model 4 with a Kahler?

Comment

Offer $300 on the model 4 and maybe you will have another guitar.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks. I actually offered 325 but the dude doesn't want it... Just a trade. At least now I have an idea what one is worth.

Comment

If it was an 87-88 Model 4 with a JT-6 Floyd, I'd say do it and run ! If you end up hating Kahler's as much as most people here, you may end up owning a guitar you just don't want to play. If you like Kahler's, go for it.

Comment

Thanks much. I've played guitars with Kahlers and don't dislike them. Never owned one though. Not even really sure why most people hate them.

Comment

I would do it. I mean 86' MIJ Charvel with Kahler (I love em) for a MIC modern Charvel. But thas just my two cents man. The only thing that might hold me back is the two body woods, basswood vs mahogany
                    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Yes. I personally dislike the Desolation Charvels.
                      Very different guitars though.

Comment

I'd say no just because of the Kahler. Like Hellraiser's signature line says; Kahler, Killing guitar values dead since well forever in my opinion.
                        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I prefer a Floyd Rose, but I had no problem with my Kahler trems when I had them. All were 80's and possibly early 90's guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                            Yes. I personally dislike the Desolation Charvels.
                            Very different guitars though.
                            Played one of the Stars at Sam Ash, wasn't all that impressed, but im not an EMG guy though.
                            Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
                              Played one of the Stars at Sam Ash, wasn't all that impressed, but im not an EMG guy though.
                              I have a DS2. I am not disappointed with my purchase.

I just wish the body was a little larger. I would buy more, if it was.

While I did not play a DS1 or DS3, I do believe that there would be a large difference in them.

Comment

Working...
                              X