Low end excitement from Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low end excitement from Jackson

The new JS32 looks a lot like the MIJ DK2, some of these look killer. Arch tops, binding, black hardware, zebra p'ups (if that's what you're into)........

http://issuu.com/jacksonguitars/docs...ntalguitarbroc

Looks like the DK2M with the rosewood board has been re-designated as a DK2, makes sense.

So many DK2 style necks, but BETTER! Now with graphite reinforcements. It they play well, I see a nice score for the mutt market.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I really dig the color on that green 8-string, I hope they start offering that on other models than just that 8.

Comment

Where are the reverse headtsock guitars?

Comment

I can dig on one of them Rhoads for sure. But build quality is yet to be determined.
          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
            I can dig on one of them Rhoads for sure. But build quality is yet to be determined.
            Ummm, it's been determined for a long time, this isn't coming from a new factory, it's still the same JS series, just different parts, and BASSWOOD!
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

They look like good mutt fodder to me. Throw a better trem, pickups and a fret dress and it may be a good guitar. I'd like to see one up close.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

I'm certainly digging that JS32Q Dinky in trans black. And the volume knob is placed a reasonable distance from the pickup, too...
                Sch-Weeeeeeet!

Hopefully these things play reasonably well.
                Last edited by Metal Spawn; 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Alder please.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

JS32Q amber sunburst looks good.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Could those be the first ever JS series arch tops?
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Could those be the first ever JS series arch tops?
                        I believe so....................

I'm loving the bright blue 32 & the white King V with the trem, I reckon I'm gonna have to buy buy buy. How long do you guys think these will take to become available?

Comment

wow. quite nice looking guitars for the low end. hmmm, I may get one! I keep meaning to get an SDX and haven't done it yet, so who really knows?
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                            Ummm, it's been determined for a long time, this isn't coming from a new factory, it's still the same JS series, just different parts, and BASSWOOD!
                            True my bad forgot the JS series wasn't made in Japan. And Im not a fan of basswood at all, I was hoping they'd make them Alder. But I guess that would prob remove the $300 or $350 price tag though which is what they are marketed for.
                            Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Basswood is 1000000000x better than Cedro though, so a nice upgrade for the bottom of the barrel Jacksons. Upgrading the JS series as such is gonna help boost the Jackson name, as most stores only have budget Jacksons, peoples opinions will improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X