3 SC Tite Routes - How rare are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Single hums are almost as hard to find as H-S when it comes to Jackson strats.
    Thats because people instead of buying a guitar with 2 or 3 pickups buy them and add other pickups. My old Jackson strat was originally a single hum. Someone added a neck pickup before I bought it. Didn't know till I got it home.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I'm guilty of that. I've bought two single hum SD Reissues and had another humbucker slot added to them.

Comment

for real, I've owned a few & there always seems to be at least a couple for sale somewhere at any given time.

Single hums are almost as hard to find as H-S when it comes to Jackson strats.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          Yeah, I'm watching your FB page too C-Man.

BTW, how's your hand doing?

LOL healing.

The pinwheel of death got me. I was making a few cavity brass plates and had one wrap up in the drill press and turn into a blade. Took my pinky to the bone with a bunch of stitches lol
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
            LOL healing. The pinwheel of death got me. I was making a few cavity brass plates and had one wrap up in the drill press and turn into a blade. Took my pinky to the bone with a bunch of stitches lol
            Glad to hear you're doing better. I think the older we get the harder injuries become to endure. We don't get them as often and because we have more responsibilities, they get in the way more.

Comment

I've been doing something thinking on this next build and I'm starting to lean towards a HSS config. I'm looking to put together a totally 80's pop guitar (with a Nagel inspired graphic) so I'm going to do something I've never done before and use EMGs, probably a 89/SA/SA. Going to the HSS config opens up a whole lot more possibilities, that I know. While it may not be the most popular pickup config now, they are second or third in terms of popularity.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Comment

I've got two EMG HSS strats, and that is a pretty cool config. Personally I'd do single hum with a Nagel project though, so the face isn't stretched out over covers.

Comment

I've got two EMG HSS strats, and that is a pretty cool config. Personally I'd do single hum with a Nagel project though, so the face isn't stretched out over covers.
                  The only one hum guitar I want is an EVH. I've seen Nagels with the pickups painted and they look fine to me. The face, assuming that's the focal point can also be place behind the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                    I had a san dimas soloist 1009 in that config for a while. Its unique.

There are a few around
                    I had the 3 tite strat #1008 for a while...it bounced around here relatively cheap back in '06. It is currently overseas.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1008.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2447123
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

^^ wow!

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                        I had the 3 tite strat #1008 for a while...it bounced around here relatively cheap back in '06. It is currently overseas.
                        Yeah, that's the other tricky thing - finding a 3 SC guitar without a Kahler.
                        Last edited by Matt_B; 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X