3 SC Tite Routes - How rare are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 SC Tite Routes - How rare are they?

I'm looking towards picking up a Charvel or Jackson Strat in the rare 3 single coil tite route configuration. I know 3 SC Charvels/Jacksons aren't that popular but I'm wondering how rare they are. If I have to cobble something together from parts I'll do it but I'd rather buy a complete guitar if I can.

So how rare are these guitars?

Pretty rare, you don't see a lot of them out there. And, more often tha not, what little is out there tends to come from the SD era. Remember, though, rarity doesn't necessarily equate to value.

Comment

+1
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd post in the classifieds/lurk the classifieds for maybe a month, until springing for a mutt. Hope your search is fruitful!

Comment

I've been on the lookout for a Jackson strat like that, and still haven't found one.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
            I'd post in the classifieds/lurk the classifieds for maybe a month, until springing for a mutt. Hope your search is fruitful!
            Yeah, when I'm ready to buy I will. I just started a Charvel project so I'm not quite ready to start another one. I was just curious about availability, that's all. I will probably end up getting a new body and slapping a Charvel neck on it.

Comment

3 tite seems to be the rarest pup config, H/S being a close second. also like mentioned previously most I've seen were SD era Charvels so expect to PAY if you find a decent original one. IIRC there was a blue jackson 3tite with a kahler floating around for sale somewhere.

Comment

I had a san dimas soloist 1009 in that config for a while. Its unique.

There are a few around
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I've been maintaining a constant vigil on eBay, here and a few other places so if one pops up I should know about it.

There is a white SD on eBay right but the guy is in France and wants way more than I'd be willing to pay.

I also want to put a Floyd on this guitar so I probably will end up cannibalizing a USA Pro Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                    I had a san dimas soloist 1009 in that config for a while. Its unique.

There are a few around
                    Yeah, I'm watching your FB page too C-Man.

BTW, how's your hand doing?

Comment

Matt, I own J2375, a Red / Blue Pearl Soloist Custom. It was originally a 3 tite (have the order form) but sometime in the last 27 years it was re-routed for a humbucker in the bridge. Ah, the stories it could tell LOL!

Mark
                      "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Mark; thats kind of cool, i have 2379 or 2372? dont remember now. red/blue pearl custom soloist,completed Aug.86

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          Mark; thats kind of cool, i have 2379 or 2372? dont remember now. red/blue pearl custom soloist,completed Aug.86
                          PM'd ya....
                          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            3 tite seems to be the rarest pup config, H/S being a close second. also like mentioned previously most I've seen were SD era Charvels so expect to PAY if you find a decent original one. IIRC there was a blue jackson 3tite with a kahler floating around for sale somewhere.
                            Tell me about it

Comment

Single hums are almost as hard to find as H-S when it comes to Jackson strats.

Comment

Working...
                              X