Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many Jacksons lol.

Comment

If you're a strat guy then git you a Jackson strat!

Comment

Originally posted by maddnotez View Post
        ...but my dx10 is definitely too fat.
        I had a DX10 and got rid of it for the same reason....I also didn't like the reverse headstock, which I believed contributed to the neck being thicker in some way. (my own little issue) I also had a PS4 and it was probably the thinnest neck I ever played, but the DK1 is very close in thickness.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Anyone know a place that covers models and dimensions of the older Jacksons?

Comment

Ive been reading up and understand thinness isn't the only factor. Example you could have a neck as thin as og wizard but if its a different radius its not going to feel the same.

Lots of research to do. To spare endless possibilities lets keep it between neckthru dinkies and soloists. Floyd rose
            Last edited by maddnotez; 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maddnotez View Post

Lots of research to do. To spare endless possibilities lets keep it between neckthru dinkies and soloists. Floyd rose
              Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but dinkys are bolt on necks, soloists are neck-through. The USA Dinkys and DK1s have very thin necks. I am not familiar with any of the imports. Soloist necks can vary as others have mentioned.

Comment

Ok thanks ^^^ didn't know which had bolt on/neckthru

So im looking at a dk1 or usa dinky.

Lets talk soloists lol...i know i dont like slat bodies. Have played maybe 2 soloists. One was used for $600 and played like butter but cant remember model

Comment

I have a DK2 that I like a lot. Similar neck to my old fave, the Charvel Model series. Those are sweet guitars. I also like my MIJ Charvel promod. I haven't played any US models but I hear they're nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X