No announcement yet.

How much should I offer? Or should I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude...don't sweat how it looks...worry about how it plays and sounds...my main player is a stripped ibanez 570 and nuno played a stripped washburn...a lot of wear usually denotes a great playing guitar...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
      dude...don't sweat how it looks...worry about how it plays and sounds...my main player is a stripped ibanez 570 and nuno played a stripped washburn...a lot of wear usually denotes a great playing guitar...d.m.
      HAHA...dude, thats really funny cause my main player is an 89 570, beat to crap. I literally would not trade that guitar for anything....its part of me. What color is yours? No mater what guitar I play, I compare it to my 570.....I would love to see a pic of yours
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

there ya go dude...my main player is pretty easy to spot...lol...d.m.

Comment

Well congrats Dvscool, for $180 it's actually a great bargain for such a hard guitar to find these days. And yes it's Japanese. So yeah, if you're a big Ibanez nut, you'll definitely love the neck on this guitar (besides; the headkstock looks a lot cooler LOL), cause I believe they're the thinnest necks Jackson has ever made in a production line! And with the 24.75" short scale, this guitar feels like toy especially when bending strings. So don't get too spoiled with it, you don't wanna get too sloppy when you play the other guitars, one of the main reasons why I don't play it anymore.
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            The Shaller on it seems very solid and I was shocked to find it actually has, what I think is a brass black? I wouldn’t hesitate to spend money on a Floyd either.
            Wow dude, stop tripping on the Schaller already. The only difference from an OFR are the shorter string lock screws and the baseplate which is cast instead of bent sheet metal. The trem block is nickle plated brass. There's no real tone difference between an OFR and a Schaller. All of the other parts are freaking identical. The Gotoh won't fit the smaller Schaller route unless you change to shorter string lock screws.

Play the guitar, you'll notice that the trem is actually really nice.

/sigh
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not all performers were MIK some early ones were MIJ.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

My fusion H-H is beat to hell but plays so great I would have a hard time getting rid of it.
                Good score on a great guitar.
                Keep the Schaller on there its as good as it gets.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  Wow dude, stop tripping on the Schaller already. The only difference from an OFR are the shorter string lock screws and the baseplate which is cast instead of bent sheet metal. The trem block is nickle plated brass. There's no real tone difference between an OFR and a Schaller. All of the other parts are freaking identical. The Gotoh won't fit the smaller Schaller route unless you change to shorter string lock screws.

Play the guitar, you'll notice that the trem is actually really nice.

/sigh
                  Oh theres no trippin on Schaller dude! If I buy a bridge for this beetch it will be a Schaller. The trem on this thing is rough. The whole guitar is a bit rough around the edges just like my main player. I've done tons of research on the Schaller, and the recent ones are very, very solid. The older ones did have issues...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                    Well congrats Dvscool, for $180 it's actually a great bargain for such a hard guitar to find these days. And yes it's Japanese. So yeah, if you're a big Ibanez nut, you'll definitely love the neck on this guitar (besides; the headkstock looks a lot cooler LOL), cause I believe they're the thinnest necks Jackson has ever made in a production line! And with the 24.75" short scale, this guitar feels like toy especially when bending strings. So don't get too spoiled with it, you don't wanna get too sloppy when you play the other guitars, one of the main reasons why I don't play it anymore.
                    Yeah, I hear ya but, I can't put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                      Oh theres no trippin on Schaller dude! If I buy a bridge for this beetch it will be a Schaller. The trem on this thing is rough. The whole guitar is a bit rough around the edges just like my main player. I've done tons of research on the Schaller, and the recent ones are very, very solid. The older ones did have issues...
                      Sorry if I came across harsh, I've been flumonia-ing it the last few days and have been admittedly grumpy.

My '89 Jackson Schaller is every bit as nice as the new ones. Not as nice as a Gotoh, but every bit as good as any real OFR.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

there ya go dude...my main player is pretty easy to spot...lol...d.m.

I get it dude. Those are awesome guitars. What pickups are in your player they look stock? I've got an 87-88 Saber as well.

Heres my main player. Makes me wanna start a main player thread for the 100TH time!

http://photobucket.com/87-RG570

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Sorry if I came across harsh, I've been flumonia-ing it the last few days and have been admittedly grumpy.

My '89 Jackson Schaller is every bit as nice as the new ones. Not as nice as a Gotoh, but every bit as good as any real OFR.

Haha, dude you didn't come across as harsh, I didn't even question it. If your not going to post your thoughts why bother posting ? I have SO questioned the Schallers...now I don't...lol..

Comment

Heres some crappy pics of the Jackson...

http://s1290.photobucket.com/albums/...0Fusion%20Pro/

Comment

i like yours...jewel blue...thats what mine originally was...

the pickups are indeed stock (except the single coil which is an s1 from a later rg)...yet it doesn't sound like a normal rg because of the lack of finish...much more open sounding and a little more aggressive and somehow a tad bit warmer...i used to hate the stock ibanez pickups but years of age has either done things to my hearing or to the pickups...or maybe a little of both, but i am very satisfied with the tones i get out of them now...funny thing...the other 570 in my pic is 2002 (iron pewter) and it sounds remarkably more like a strat than my older one...not as good for high gain but a great player as well...d.m.

Comment

i like yours...jewel blue...thats what mine originally was...

the pickups are indeed stock (except the single coil which is an s1 from a later rg)...yet it doesn't sound like a normal rg because of the lack of finish...much more open sounding and a little more aggressive and somehow a tad bit warmer...i used to hate the stock ibanez pickups but years of age has either done things to my hearing or to the pickups...or maybe a little of both, but i am very satisfied with the tones i get out of them now...funny thing...the other 570 in my pic is 2002 (iron pewter) and it sounds remarkably more like a strat than my older one...not as good for high gain but a great player as well...d.m.
                                I used the stock pickups for about 10 years. I didn't have any problem with them either. Really, I just changed them out for fun. I've had FRED's, EVO's, and most recently gravity storms. I have found each 570 I've played feels amazing. Some are better then others. I'm kinda always on the look out for that one special 570.....All I know is I play alot of guitar, and I can't find anything to replace mine. Not that I want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X