No announcement yet.

New Pro series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the part about oiled finishes. If some of these have oiled necks I might have to get myself one...

On the other hand, it kind of bothers me when the imports have more features/options than the USAs. My DK1 is the only one I care to have out of the current select line up. Maybe it's just me but I love bolt-ons, especially with oiled necks.

Comment

• i don't really get all the bitching about where these are built. i mean, i DO...we would all prefer japanese guitars...BUT, since that is no longer an option, there are 2 choices.

1. shut the fuck up about it.

2. continue to cry over spilt milk.

either choice puts you in a place where you really should just try the guitars.

me personally, i don't care where they are made because i don't want to buy jackson imports. i am enticed by these new models, and if they are priced right, i may consider one. but, instead of bitching about where it is made, i will just go to my local dealer, play a couple and make an informed decision based upon the guitar.

i totally get the whole "jackson heritage" shit everyone keeps spewing. but that is all that it is - shit. in today's world economy, companies have to do what they have to do in order to stay profitable. try the guitars and shut up. if you don't want to based on country of origin, that is your issue. you could be missing out on something fantastic. you could get a shiny turd.

welcome to the guitar world of the new millenium.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Amen. Pining for the days of old, while understandable, is a waste of time. As for me, I'll buy whatever is a quality instrument. If it's made in Korea, China or Indonesia it makes no difference to me. There's plenty of turds made right here in the good old USA, and at 3+ times what their import counterparts cost.

As for these, I'm glad to see real representations of the instruments, in terms of tone woods. I'll definitely look into a few of these models, and if the quality is up to par then next year I might snag a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by markD View Post
          i don't really get all the bitching about where these are built. i mean, i DO...we would all prefer japanese guitars...BUT, since that is no longer an option, there are 2 choices.

Hmm... so if you don't like what someone has to say, you want them to shut the fuck up or you want to insult them.

You're voting for Obama, aren't you?
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by lepard View Post
            Or do what I do. Wait 2 years until you can get a used one on eBay for 1/3rd of what they sold for new. I'm cheap that way
            Nope. I just got shipping info.

I got one from um... The Music Farm for $670 shipped.

Comment

• What'd you get? I was looking earlier, couldn't find any places listing them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                What'd you get? I was looking earlier, couldn't find any places listing them yet.
                Oh, I didn't get a Jackson, I got one of the World Guitars Korean Marc Rizzo 7-string BC Rich Steath neck-thrus.

Comment

• Silly me, I thought we were talking about Jacksons on the Jackson forum.

I'm curious what the actual street price will be on these though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                    Silly me, I thought we were talking about Jacksons on the Jackson forum.

I'm curious what the actual street price will be on these though.
                    Well, we were... but people kept talking about World Guitars in Korea being similar in quality level to the Chushin Gakki factory... So my arm was twisted.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      Hmm... so if you don't like what someone has to say, you want them to shut the fuck up or you want to insult them.

You're voting for Obama, aren't you?
                      hahaha, no actually i am a proud card carrying republican!! just trying to make a point that the past is the past...
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Oh, I didn't get a Jackson, I got one of the World Guitars Korean Marc Rizzo 7-string BC Rich Steath neck-thrus.
                        Hmm, I'm very interested to know how this guitar feels and sounds in the hands of a Jackson user. It's the closest 7 string guitar out there that resembles the Jackson Warrior, plus $670 a Korean made neck thru is a spiffy deal if you ask me...
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

hahaha, no actually i am a proud card carrying republican!! just trying to make a point that the past is the past...
                          Ok, because you were display liberal tolerance. My apologies.

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                          Hmm, I'm very interested to know how this guitar feels and sounds in the hands of a Jackson user. It's the closest 7 string guitar out there that resembles the Jackson Warrior, plus $670 a Korean made neck thru is a spiffy deal if you ask me...
                          I'll review it in 'other guitars' subforum when I get it...

Comment

i don't really get all the bitching about where these are built. i mean, i DO...we would all prefer..

1.AMERICAN guitars....

3. play a couple and make an informed decision based upon the guitar.

4. you could be missing out on something fantastic. you could get a shiny turd.

5.welcome to the guitar world of the new millennium.

just trying to make a point that the past is the past...
                            1. Fixed, ( ultimately that's bottom line right, Jobs, American product, would be helpful in this "new millennium" going nowhere fast )
                            2. And people will and not just about guitars ( to them for good reason )
                            3. True always
                            4. True
                            5. Exactly...., Bummer...See #1 :dead:

Comment

• yes, having american guitars is better...but that is not the discussion in this thread. personally, i only have USA jacksons....
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

i don't really get all the bitching about where these are built. i mean, i DO...we would all prefer japanese guitars...BUT, since that is no longer an option, there are 2 choices.

either choice puts you in a place where you really should just try the guitars.
                                I don't think you understand our problem with these guitars. Our complaints lie 100% in quality and building guitars in the spirit and feel of a real Jackson guitar. For example, The Chinese Charvels are complete bastard childs that are a total abomination to the Charvel name. They are cheaply made and feel nothing like a real Charvel. The new Indonesian Jackson's are just jacksonized Ibanezes with weird necks, weird neck joints/bolt paterns, control cavities, etc. I'm sure they will feel nothing like a real Jackson USA guitar. The Japanese guitars were modeled after real USA guitars and made in a similar fashion.

As said before, USA and Japanese Jackson's were real Jackson's, made at Jackson exclusive shops that built ONLY Jacksons. That's what made those guitars special, pure Jackson. These new guitars are built at big Chinese and Indonesian plants that are making the same basic guitar with Ibanez, Jay Turser, LTD, etc. on the headstocks. Sorry but many of us don't consider those in the same regard as a USA or Japanese Jackson. I will never own one.
                                Last edited by lepard; 10-01-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X