No announcement yet.

Roswell Rhoads Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always nice to hear about UFO sightings. Zakk Wylde is a great guitar player with a unique style, but i hate everything he's written or been involved with. Apart from being a terrible song with a useless solo, this has to be the dumbest, most ill-conceived and ridiculous music video ever:

He seems to be a pretty nice, humorous and maybe even somewhat awkward dude as he comes across in his interviews though.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
      I can't recall seeing anyone ever play a Roswell. I think people just collect and trade them, but never play em!
      Unbelievably you've forgotten this timeless classic(yes I'm joking!). BUT, I'm pretty sure it was the broadest viewed use of a Roswell...

Warning : You may want to mute the sound....

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
        Unbelievably you've forgotten this timeless classic(yes I'm joking!). BUT, I'm pretty sure it was the broadest viewed use of a Roswell...

Warning : You may want to mute the sound....
        Wow, that was terrible. I don't think the Roswell saved it.

I wonder if they welded it straight to that bar?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No one can play like Randy so I'm willing to cut guys some slack when they join Ozzy and have to cover Randy's material. I figure its only fair. Zakk has great heavy tone with a minimalistic gear approach and a readily identifiable signature sound. I have to give him credit for that. I also like plenty of material he's done with Ozzy and he does indeed appreciate Randy Rhoads and will stick up for his name. The big bad biker image doesn't impress me but it doesn't bother me either. If thats the look he wants let him enjoy it. He can play though and if you check some more youtube stuff you can see that he is capable of playing some pretty badass guitar. Zakk rocks!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            The big bad biker image doesn't impress me but it doesn't bother me either.
            Yes, because you've been known to wear black leather pants on stage from time to time!

You're a big Randy fan, Rudy, I'd love to hear your interpretation of some RR tunes!
            Got anything on YT?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              I like how Zakk transitioned from a Randy look-a-like to a muscled up bad ass biker.

His playing can be great, identifiable style and he can make himself useful on a vocal now and then. Better than hearing Yngwie play and sing I'm sure.
              Yngwie actually can sing, and I've seen him do it on a couple songs live back in the mid '90s. He's a very bluesy-type singer like Jimi Hendrix and Rory Gallagher.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Yes, because you've been known to wear black leather pants on stage from time to time!

You're a big Randy fan, Rudy, I'd love to hear your interpretation of some RR tunes!
                Got anything on YT?
                Ah yes, the leather pants But far from biker. My band does a couple Randy era Ozzy songs. We do Crazy Train and rarely Over The Mountain. I don't have any good clips but I'll try to do so in the future. I have a Zoom Q3HD recorder but most places are difficult to record in a set it and leave it fashion. Just don't expect perfect Randy playing or you'll be disappointed
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Yngwie actually can sing, and I've seen him do it on a couple songs live back in the mid '90s. He's a very bluesy-type singer like Jimi Hendrix and Rory Gallagher.
                  Really? I'd be interested to hear that.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                    Always nice to hear about UFO sightings. Zakk Wylde is a great guitar player with a unique style, but i hate everything he's written or been involved with. Apart from being a terrible song with a useless solo, this has to be the dumbest, most ill-conceived and ridiculous music video ever:

He seems to be a pretty nice, humorous and maybe even somewhat awkward dude as he comes across in his interviews though.
                    That "ridiculous", as you call it, video was his heartfelt tribute to Dime that was like a brother to him.
                    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Yep. Here's one tune. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTYhMoJZjRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKuYH9-rJaY
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He sang that song on the album as well...

He has that "Swede" tone on his vowels. He sings a lot like John Norum actually, not surprising since they are from the same area so will have similar accents.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                        X