New KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New KV2T

Uh... You mean the tune-o-matic bridge?...
    [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

McD, what size fretwire is used on both the KV2 & KV2T? There seems to be some confusion on this recently. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The website says jumbo for both. However, previously, the KV2 was the only Jackson model with smaller size frets.

Comment

The KV2T won't replace the KV2 - they will co-exist as they both offer something unique. The goal was to create a guitar that was new but made a nod to the old school. The guitar has incredible balance.

For the record, when I get one I'm probably going to change the pickups too. But JB & '59 are pretty popular combination.

McD out
        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Jumbo frets.

Originally posted by shreddermon:
          McD, what size fretwire is used on both the KV2 & KV2T? There seems to be some confusion on this recently. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The website says jumbo for both. However, previously, the KV2 was the only Jackson model with smaller size frets.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

When did Jackson change the KV2 to jumbo frets? They were the smaller ones (medium jumbo, I believe), and the Guitarxpress site says they've got the smaller frets, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine[edit:KV2] has thin frets. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ August 04, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: StukaJU87 ]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm talking about the KV2T frets... Jumbo.

Originally posted by toejam:
                When did Jackson change the KV2 to jumbo frets? They were the smaller ones (medium jumbo, I believe), and the Guitarxpress site says they've got the smaller frets, too.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Ah, now it's clear. The regular KV2 still has the smaller frets. Cool!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure that's what he meant Toejam. McD may have only answered one-half (KV2T) of the question. Unclear. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I suspect that really is the answer (KV2T is true jumbo, KV2 is medium jumbo), but given what the web site and the catalog say, it may be that the KV2 was switched. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Destroyer:
                      if this were released six months go i guarantee i would have one, but for some reason king vees dont really do it for me anymore and i find myself liking nothing but regular strat type bodies now.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOOO!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My fellow string-thru KV freak has lost his faith... just as the holy grail is put right in front of our noses... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, that said... strats rock! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry man, i held out as long as i could. I do however still play my kvx10 a lot so you haven't lost me completely. Even if it did still want one, i think the kv2t is ugly so i wouldnt get it anyway. You think youll be picking one up?

Comment

I know the trans finishes on the Y2KV were all just over the base Mahogany. Will the KV2T be the same, or will it feature flame Maple caps?

If so, I think a Violin Brown one will be my Yule present to myself...
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Good move on the black hardware. I love that in GMG. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The SLS headstock looks better than I'd have thought, and I like the SLS headstock. Dammit, you bastards! Just when I don't get my uber-sick discount anymore (merely a sick discount). [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Destroyer:
                            if this were released six months go i guarantee i would have one, but for some reason king vees dont really do it for me anymore and i find myself liking nothing but regular strat type bodies now.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOOO!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My fellow string-thru KV freak has lost his faith... just as the holy grail is put right in front of our noses... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, that said... strats rock! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry man, i held out as long as i could. I do however still play my kvx10 a lot so you haven't lost me completely. Even if it did still want one, i think the kv2t is ugly so i wouldnt get it anyway. You think youll be picking one up?
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Reasons are stated above.
                            I do have a full time job now (though only for a few months, then I have to do army service), so I could actually afford it, but I don't want to spend the money on a USA Jackson if there are such basic things I don't like about it.
                            And with the SD Distortion in the bridge my KVX-10 does a really good job of being a dream axe! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Apart from that, I will need the money next year when I've finished my 9 months of army service.

But if they decide to change the model a little next year or so... to make it more like the KV2... then I'll probably be way more tempted. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

yeah, if it were exactly lik th kv2 witouht the floyd it would be a lot better. Those inlays are ugly and the headstock doesnt look right on a v.

I remember hearing you sa sometihng about that army thing, i figured you had already done it. Well good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X