New KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KV2T

If anyone saw, it's up on the GEAR page now with full specs. I must say, it looks awsome now with that finish. I think it was the natural finish combined with the pickup colors that turned me off from it. Looks very cool now, although I'd still want to change those pickups to just black. Damn, now that I enlarged it, it's definatly something I'd buy. Damn McD, you can't keep feeding our GAS habits like this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks great, but my custom shop Rhoads is first... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New KV2T

I still hold on to my statement... I would prefer the standard pointy headstock, bevels and normal sharkfin inlays.

However, I love the fact that it's all mahogany... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Well, it's ok for me, as I won't be tempted to spend all my hard-earned money on a guitar that's basically a higher quality version of my KVX-10...

BTW, the Custom Dragon KV is now my all-time fav guitar, though I wish it had two hums, then it would be purrrfect! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

That headstock gives it a more "Gibsony" feel.

Comment

Why does the new SLS get a matching head but the KV2T doesn't? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Other than that, it should look pretty cool with a silver dragon finish.

Comment

Yeah, that's another thing...

well, I guess we'll see how well the current KV-2T version sells.

...maybe next year they will do a few changes to the model.
          I mean, I haven't seen a single person on this board who said he really liked the zebra pickups.

So far the Fender guys have listened to us, so I hope this doesn't stop here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For now I'll just give a big "Thanks" to them for bringing out a string-thru KV model at all [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] , and maybe next year we can make it even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
            I mean, I haven't seen a single person on this board who said he really liked the zebra pickups.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like the zebra pups... think they look great on any guitar! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Also, I don't think the headstock is bad, but the inlays should be regular sharkfins. Though, I do like the new inlays, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yah, I agree with the dude above. Pickups can easily be swapped. The bridge, never really seen that before, I thought it would be string through body, but hell, still looks good. After the pickups I can honestly say there's nothing on that guitar I would change. It's different from the KV2 which is good (no sense in having two of the same guitar with just a different bridge). I also like the fact it's all mahogany. I'm just really impressed with the difference the finish did for my opinion of it

Comment

Argh! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Would you please delete your post, I'm trying to prove a point here... [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, I don't mind the pickups that much, since they can be easily swapped... it's "way harder" to swap a headstock or the inlays (or to cut the bevels in there afterwards, yikes... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )

Comment

if this were released six months go i guarantee i would have one, but for some reason king vees dont really do it for me anymore and i find myself liking nothing but regular strat type bodies now.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801:
                    The bridge, never really seen that before, I thought it would be string through body, but hell, still looks good.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It IS a string-thru body, same bridge as all other Jackson string-thru models.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801:
                      no sense in having two of the same guitar with just a different bridge
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer:
                        if this were released six months go i guarantee i would have one, but for some reason king vees dont really do it for me anymore and i find myself liking nothing but regular strat type bodies now.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOOO!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My fellow string-thru KV freak has lost his faith... just as the holy grail is put right in front of our noses... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, that said... strats rock! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i don't see what all of the fuss is about. is the KV 2T going to replace the KV 2? it doesn't seem like it. i think it looks beautiful, especially in the natural finish.

change equals stability. i hate the floyd on my KV2, and will replace it with a standard bridge, eventually.

Comment

Ok, I could be wrong, but I think I see bevels....just not painted a diffrent color. I think the headstock looks cool/diffrent too. I love the block inlays (looks like 2 sharkfins stacked 69 style with abalone in the middle)

Jackson's answer to the ESP DV8?

Also, these could have started out as Y2KV's and were unfinished without fretboards installed yet....a pointier V cut made to the original body and the headstock chopped a bit down to the SLS size. HMMMMMMMM

Either way I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Huh? It IS a string-thru body, same bridge as all other Jackson string-thru models.

Never noticed that silver bar near the body where the strings go through. Might just be something I missed for a few years...

Comment

Working...
                              X