• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice grab!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      Which Dimarzio's did you put in?

DiMarzio Chopper bridge, Fast Track 1 middle, Chopper neck.

5way Super switch:
      1. Bridge + Middle wired together in series
      2. Bridge
      3. Middle
      4. Middle + Neck
      5. Neck

The idea for wiring the Chopper bridge and FT1 middle in series as one pickup came from the discontinued DiMarzio Multibucker.

I'm putting new DiMarzio pickups into my black warrior pro with a more normal switching system: Super Distortion S bridge, Chopper Middle, Fast Track 2 neck.
      Last edited by Deadlock; 06-13-2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Awesome guitars i really like there designs and i wish to use them .. Nice color it has... How is experience of it.?
        san diego insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
          DiMarzio Chopper bridge, Fast Track 1 middle, Chopper neck.

5way Super switch:
          1. Bridge + Middle wired together in series
          2. Bridge
          3. Middle
          4. Middle + Neck
          5. Neck

The idea for wiring the Chopper bridge and FT1 middle in series as one pickup came from the discontinued DiMarzio Multibucker.

I'm putting new DiMarzio pickups into my black warrior pro with a more normal switching system: Super Distortion S bridge, Chopper Middle, Fast Track 2 neck.
          Hi there,

First of all, congrats with your new Warrior. It's very beautyful and it's such a great guitar.

I have also a Warrior pro that I bought recently. Maybe yoú've seen my post about it.
          The guitar was in really bad shape, and I restore it.
          I'm still having problems with the electronics, and you seem to be a guy who knows about it.
          The guitar came without pots and the active circuit, just the bridge pup wired directly to the guitar plug.

The point is that I bought a super switch from stewmac, and despite it has 24 lugs, just like the jackson custom 5way switch, It has a different configuration and I can't figure it out (as I suck at electronics).
          The neck and bridge pups are working fine, but I can't get the middle pickup working. I want to use the switch for split coil in the neck and bridge, but I'm not sure if they're splitting or just in parrallel mode.

I asked some help in the guitarnuts forum, but I'm not sure if they understand what I want and if they're right about the wire color code and the diagram they're giving me.

http://guitarnuts2.proboards.com/ind...ay&thread=5657

If you can help me
          Can you please check and tell me if the diagram is exactly what I'm looking for? If not, can you draw a diagram so I can get the gitar fully functional.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
          Please excuse my english, I'm from venezuela.

Comment

DarkerKnight, I think this will work, it should give you:

1. Neck full humbucker
            2. Neck full humbucker + middle full humbucker (together in parallel)
            3. middle full humbucker
            4. Bridge full humbucker + middle full humbucker (together in series)
            5. Bridge full humbucker

I wasn't sure what you meant about the splitting or the 2 way mini switch so i left that out.

For the white leads I used light blue.

I showed the green and red leads from each pickup soldered together, but if you're using a mini switch for some sort of coil splitting then you will be wiring the red and green leads differently so DON'T cut them short like I showed in the diagram.

Last edited by Deadlock; 06-14-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Updated photos with DiMarzio pickups

Comment

It turned pink??
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  It turned pink??
                  bad lighting

Comment

Working...
                  X