Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a list of GC/MF limited editions, Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thread bump diablomozart

Wow, I haven't heard of about half of these models and would happily own any of them. Except the 1-hum DK2M which was haunted by crooked neck pockets. https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...d-Ghost-Flames

That purple quilt DKDMQ might be the only late-Japanese Dinky with a 1000 Series Floyd that I've ever seen. I didn't know that combination existed. Towards the end of Japanese production, Jackson only put 1000 Series Floyds on very few, higher end, neckthru Rhoads and Soloists, so it strikes me as peculiar and interesting that a guitar that is essentially a DXMG received that upgraded trem. That's a beautiful guitar though... love the regal combination of purple and gold

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
      Here's a Jackson JD-R Pro that I researched to be a Musician's Friend exclusive. I don't know what year it is. It was originally black and was filthy dirty and chipped up when I acquired it. I cleaned it up the best I could and repainted it metallic green. Notice the inlay on the 24th fret and the odd positioning of the knobs. Unstamped neck plate, no logo on the non routed Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, neck pocket stamped JD95 or JDR95

That Dinky Reverse is definitely a Musician's Friend exclusive from the late '90s (around '96 or '97 if I recall correctly). I had one of those bodies. There were two models, only in black, one with the sharfkins and one with dots, weird Ibanez-type control layout.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There was also a KE3 blue flame top with reverse head stock and satin silver hardware not chrome with sharkies that was an MF exclusive. Not sure if it came in any other finishes but I had the blue one. If I find pictures of mine (I no longer have it) ill add them.

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
          Here's a Jackson JD-R Pro that I researched to be a Musician's Friend exclusive. I don't know what year it is. It was originally black and was filthy dirty and chipped up when I acquired it. I cleaned it up the best I could and repainted it metallic green. Notice the inlay on the 24th fret and the odd positioning of the knobs. Unstamped neck plate, no logo on the non routed Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, neck pocket stamped JD95 or JDR95

I bought one of these cheap, made in India Jacksons right out of the MF catalog. It was my first Jackson and entry into the Charvel/Jackson world. All I could afford at the time because I was sinking every penny into a 69' Camaro. Yes, they came original in black. Before I ever played live with it, I upgraded the electronics to the EMG KH kit. Also bought a brand new Jackson hardshell case for it. It was a buzz saw and screamed metal. I sold it to my drummer and he still has it.

Comment

I knew that green "JD-R Pro" looked familiar.

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...ckson-for-sale

Pics in that thread don't work, but there are links to two other threads with photos that still do work. Toejam even said the same thing in that thread as he did just above, regarding the Ibanez-style control layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              Nice thread bump diablomozart

Wow, I haven't heard of about half of these models and would happily own any of them. Except the 1-hum DK2M which was haunted by crooked neck pockets. https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...d-Ghost-Flames

That purple quilt DKDMQ might be the only late-Japanese Dinky with a 1000 Series Floyd that I've ever seen. I didn't know that combination existed. Towards the end of Japanese production, Jackson only put 1000 Series Floyds on very few, higher end, neckthru Rhoads and Soloists, so it strikes me as peculiar and interesting that a guitar that is essentially a DXMG received that upgraded trem. That's a beautiful guitar though... love the regal combination of purple and gold
              sorry couldn't find a better place to put it lol...gimme another 15 years and i'll find one of the gc36th models and bump it again lol...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

In 1997, GC had a limited run of USA built "PC2". I use quotes because Jackson didn't give them the designation, GC did.
                They had a CS logo in place of Phil's signature.
                Which is odd because they had production serial numbers, not 4 digit CS serials.

They came in Natural, Amber, and Trans Red.
                They're basically a USA built PC3 with real Duncans.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-24-2019, 04:27 PM.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  That single hum DK2 should be in production!
                  I agree totally, except I would prefer a regular headstock. Not really into reverese.

Comment

Man this is really old thread. BTW the Lacewood and the green sparkle were mine!!! I regret selling the Lacewood...all it needed were better pickups. I wish I can remember what I got in trade for the JDR.

Comment

Wow, good to see people are still interested in the thread. Since my first post I've been collecting most of these. I managed to find 2 of the purple DKDM-Q, 2 of the GC37-BC black cherry archtops, the DK2m RGF, and a lacewood, Sold one GC37bc and the lacewood which had issues. Also found a silver burst DXMG which I think was from MF and a DK2LE. I know it's not GC/MF but still cool. Still looking for the Green Ghost Flames SL2h If anyone knows where there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezil View Post
                        Wow, good to see people are still interested in the thread.
                        I've referred several people on Facebook to this thread specifically to look at gerryl98's green JD-R Pro guitar because they owned one and were unable to identify it. Very useful thread! Thanks for starting it!

Comment

Is anyone familiar with the early 2000's MF exclusive JD-R with sharkfin inlays and recessed lisc Floyd Rose? Does the JD-R pro have professional on the HS? It's a rad metallic blue dinky with the HSS Duncan design pups, but I can't find anything online about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X