Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a list of GC/MF limited editions, Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a list of GC/MF limited editions, Post Yours!

Hey all,
    I've seen some really nice Guitar Center and Musicians Friend limited edition Jacksons.
    I would like to compile a list of what GC/MF have produced as a limited run.
    Dont know if someone has already done this but I know they made a few cool models over the years

So far I know of:
    SL2H - Green Ghost Flames w Abalone inlays/logo

DKDMQ - Purple Quilt DXMG w dimarzios, Gold floyd

GC37BC - Black Cherry DKMG body with DK2 neck, MOTO logo

DK2M - Single Hum with reverse HS and Red Ghost Flames, Matching HS

DKGC36 - Flame maple top DK2 w unbound neck, reverse sharkfins

Anybody have any more??
    Last edited by Weezil; 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM.

Those r all cool!
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

They did some marblizer finish USA Dinkys back in the day, plus I think there was a PC1 / PC3 type of thing as well.

Lots of stores have done cool runs - who can forget the GuitarXpress Road Hazard guitars as a starter?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        They did some marblizer finish USA Dinkys back in the day, plus I think there was a PC1 / PC3 type of thing as well.

Lots of stores have done cool runs - who can forget the GuitarXpress Road Hazard guitars as a starter?
        So true, The road hazard was a bright yellow DXMG correct?. I was basically looking to see the GC/MF runs as there seem to be a lot of each produced. They're a large chain and should have a much larger run. Other stores are cool too.

Comment

Here's a Jackson JD-R Pro that I researched to be a Musician's Friend exclusive. I don't know what year it is. It was originally black and was filthy dirty and chipped up when I acquired it. I cleaned it up the best I could and repainted it metallic green. Notice the inlay on the 24th fret and the odd positioning of the knobs. Unstamped neck plate, no logo on the non routed Floyd Rose licensed tremolo, neck pocket stamped JD95 or JDR95

Comment

Don't forget the lacewood back side of the DKGC36

Comment

That single hum DK2 should be in production!

Comment

nice paint job gerry, I've seen that layout before, mostly in cobalt blue and sweet lacewood back.
                I'm picking up a DK2 that I had done tomorrow. Will start a different thread if I like the way it came out
                Any more?

Comment

I had a GuitarXpress Rhoads Legend that I wish I still had,white with single humbucker,string thru and black pinstripes.
                  I wish I could also find a DK2M Red Ghostflame, where did those come from and when.

Comment

http://www.samash.com/p/Jackson_SL2H...Blue_-49988798

They're still doing this one over at Sam Ash. SL2H but non USA, arch top, MOTO and rosewood, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                      http://www.samash.com/p/Jackson_SL2H...Blue_-49988798

They're still doing this one over at Sam Ash. SL2H but non USA, arch top, MOTO and rosewood, etc.
                      "Case not included". How cheesy!!

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                        "Case not included". How cheesy!!

I think some folks here have one and have said they're pretty decent. Still, you can do a used USA for not too far from that price.... But not arch top.

They have had them there for at least 5 years so maybe they don't count as limited edition. I have always been a bit surprised that Jackson allows them to be called sl2h. Really is a bit misleading to those not all that familiar with the brand.

Comment

Guitar Center 30th (1994) Jackson USA Dinky with Lawrences:

Comment

MF had a limited run of these SLSMGs in Trans Red and Trans Black. For some reason other dealers got a few also. Here is my Trans Red one.

RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

only took me 15 years to find one...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                              X