Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an original Floyd Rose replace 1990's soloist professional bridge easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FRII or the Schaller speedloader, which ever you wanna call it, is the exact same thing as a regular Schaller aside from the non-locking saddles. The baseplate, hardware and sustain block are all identical.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Hey if it helps the original poster at all, the original floyd WILL retro fit a JT-590(aka floyd rose II). The only problem holding you back is the long string lock screws on the original floyd. I emailed Adam who runs floydupgrades.com for a request, he said he's heard alot of requests for shortened OFR string lock screws and that he will try to make some for the summer. I need some too since I recently got a 90s Pro soloists too. So just check back at Adam's site and hopefully he'll have them for the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
        Hey if it helps the original poster at all, the original floyd WILL retro fit a JT-590(aka floyd rose II). The only problem holding you back is the long string lock screws on the original floyd.
        I think I said that already. Check post #2
        Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
        I emailed Adam who runs floydupgrades.com for a request, he said he's heard alot of requests for shortened OFR string lock screws and that he will try to make some for the summer. I need some too since I recently got a 90s Pro soloists too. So just check back at Adam's site and hopefully he'll have them for the summer
        That's some good info. That's one of those "Why hasn't someone done this earlier?" things.

You still have to deal with the fact that the saddles are in a different position on each trem which might be ok if you have enough intonation room.
        Last edited by DonP; 06-22-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X