Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an original Floyd Rose replace 1990's soloist professional bridge easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an original Floyd Rose replace 1990's soloist professional bridge easily?

My question is........is the original Floyd Rose a direct replacement bridge for the bridge found in an early 90's Soloist Professional(Japanese)?? If so, I would like to go that route. Thank you guys!!

Are you talking replacing the Schaller made JT-590, Made in Germany?

If so, why?

It's common knowledge on these forums that either is a great trem. The OFR is a little brighter, the JT-590 a little warmer.

And yes, you'll run into problems. They have different set backs that "might be" solved if you have enough intonation room. The profile of the trems are different, so you might run into trem hitting paint and wood. The locking screws of the OFR stick out further than the JT590, so you might loose pull-ups.

I have plenty of axes (USA and Imports) with either trem and I see it as a stupid waste of money to go out and replace all JT-590s with OFRs.

Comment

Geeze, coulda taken it a little easier on the answer.......thanks i guess

Comment

Easier answer? Ok, here goes...

No, it wont work easily. Get another Schaller to replace it.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think he was referring to the "stupid waste of money" comment.

Yeah, you would want a Schaller. Unfortunately they are a little more expensive than a regular Floyd.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...plete_Set.html

So, there you go.

Comment

Indeed I was referring to the "stupid waste of money" comment, thank you everyone for your input.

Comment

Is this the same as a "Floyd Rose 2"?? Thanks again for your input.......

Comment

They're almost $40 cheaper at Warmoth than Stewmac. Used to be a few bucks cheaper than the OFR there, but a little more now:

http://www.warmoth.com/Schaller-Floyd-Rose-C694.aspx

and yes, they are the same thing as the FRII.

Comment

No, the Schaller Floyd Rose is a quality unit. The Floyd Rose II was a junky licensed single-locking thing they put on cheap Kramers - like Strikers.

Comment

What size nut is on the Jackson professional soloist? Thank you again guys, MakeaJazzNoiseHere especially, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by charv712 View Post
                      What size nut is on the Jackson professional soloist? Thank you again guys, MakeaJazzNoiseHere especially, Thank you
                      Try removing the nut and looking on the bottom. It should be marked R2/R3/R4.

Comment

Originally posted by charv712 View Post
                        Indeed I was referring to the "stupid waste of money" comment, thank you everyone for your input.
                        Well, it is!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          No, the Schaller Floyd Rose is a quality unit. The Floyd Rose II was a junky licensed single-locking thing they put on cheap Kramers - like Strikers.
                          The 1st gen FRII that was on a bunch of Kramers was single-locking and is basically the same thing as the crappy JT-570 that some Charvettes and lower-end toothpaste logo Charvels had. Then they started making a double-locking FR II that is exactly the same thing as the Schaller Floyd Rose. There are a bunch of threads here about it:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22fl...f719c8669fe4b7
                          Last edited by dg; 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I love my cheap BS copy of a FRII single locking trem on my warlock. Strangely enough, it's the only one that sits for a year and the tuning is still perfect... I'm just sayin..
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              The 1st gen FRII that was on a bunch of Kramers was single-locking and is basically the same thing as the crappy JT-570 that some Charvettes and lower-end toothpaste logo Charvels had. Then they started making a double-locking FR II that is exactly the same thing as the Schaller Floyd Rose. There are a bunch of threads here about it:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22fl...f719c8669fe4b7
                              Crazy! I learn something new every day. Yeah, I had a Floyd Rose II on a Kramer Striker that was a single locking, I had no idea they ever did a double-locking version!

Comment

Working...
                              X