Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will replace the San Dimas style 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one always dug the pointy headstock, and wish they'd offer it as a production option. But then, I wish they'd offer R5 nut-width as a standard option too...

Comment

IMO i'd much much prefer a pointy head.
      i do like the strat heads.. but come on..the pointy just has far more attitude
      or... the strat head would look alot better IMO if it were finished in black. or maybe matched colour to the body. i feel like just a plain strat head looks a little boring for the cool colours theyre being put with.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
        Should be early Sept. A robin blue SD1 with chrome Floyd and cream pickups would be sweet.
        I guarantee that one of those would end up at my house.

Comment

Nothing is replacing it, the Style 2 has been discontinued. They've introduced a "Wildcard" model which this time around is a Transparent Kandy Magenta San Dimas 1.

Comment

Originally posted by tc_rock View Post
            Nothing is replacing it, the Style 2 has been discontinued. They've introduced a "Wildcard" model which this time around is a Transparent Kandy Magenta San Dimas 1.
            Really???? And how do you know this ~3 weeks prior to their release?

Comment

I assume there will be an announcement very shortly, I work in a retail store and I received all the info today.

Comment

i have to admit im somewhat dissapointed, i would have loved to have seen some sort of change in the specs
                but cool colour i guess

Comment

They've introduced a "Wildcard" model which this time around is a Transparent Kandy Magenta San Dimas 1.
                  That's got to be the worst thing I've ever heard. If its true, and I am doubtful, whoever greenlit that one should be fired.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    That's got to be the worst thing I've ever heard. If its true, and I am doubtful, whoever greenlit that one should be fired.
                    +1

Comment

They've introduced a "Wildcard" model.
                      I too have heard something along these lines, and from a completely reliable source. Not naming names though, the source may not appreciate it.
                      Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                        I too have heard something along these lines, and from a completely reliable source. Not naming names though, the source may not appreciate it.
                        No, that we know. Straight from the source... earlier in this thread, in fact. We just don't what it will be.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I'm not doubting you, but something dosen't seem right. Can you actually shoot a transparent candy color? If so, would you shoot it over paint grade alder? What's the point of the trans finish if the grain is too tight?
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                          X