No announcement yet.

Usa prodution questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a "Universal Route". Which means it's set up for the most common config's... HSH, HH, 3S, HSS. If it was just a HSH set up, you would have an issue with location of the pickups in other Configs, like HSS...
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93495 I think Newc would disagree,

Comment

Plays like butter

I think the phrase "plays like butter" was originally invented to describe the charvel neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy in Bruxelles View Post
        hi, i dont post here much but i got a question about the socal.

what does it look like under the pickguard? does anyone have pics? im thinking of getting one and making it either HSS or SSS, would i need additional routing?

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          That's going to get you into trouble!

"Universal" and "Swimming Pool" are synonomous - so I wouldn't use "universal" to describe the SoCal route - not unless you want to get your head cut off by the hoards on the boards.

Been on vacation in Montana and Wyoming but reading this quote that would be.........:ROTF:

Good to see you GT
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
            Been on vacation in Montana and Wyoming but reading this quote that would be.........:ROTF:

Good to see you GT
            Vacation in Montana? What were you doing? Driving cattle? Skinning Buffalo?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Vacation in Montana? What were you doing? Driving cattle? Skinning Buffalo?
              I'm going to guess herding tumbleweeds.

Comment

A friend of mine goes to Montana a lot. He rents a cabin for two weeks at a time. 'Cabin' is kind of misleading though... More like a small chalet, but built with log-cabin style construction. Multi-tiered patios, jacuzzi, mountain view. It looks pretty posh from pics he has taken.

Plus, there are some artsy, almost Vale-like touristy towns. I forget the names offhand, but I was surprised there were places like that out there, when I first learned about them.

Comment

Yeah, he's right about the artsy stuff in some remote places. Colorado has some of that as does NM. The western Catskills are common sense hell. A lot of the folks who think the 60's (idiots, only the 80's continue to live on forever) are still alive and the acid casualties who shunned real jobs have artist colonies, etc. hanging around too close to Woodstock......

Took my 10 year old to Yellowstone..I had to wait until he was old enough to enjoy it, but still too young to bitch about it the whole time. I want my PS-3!

Some of the older cabins at Yellowstone don't have indoor plumbing..so you can shit the same way the bears do, on the hiking path.

I saw a couple of Coyotes once, but neither was sporting any ACME Catapults or Rocket-Powered Skates which disappointed me no end. Plus, every time I saw a geyser field it reminded me of a couple of past fog machine mishaps. Margot Kidder (70's Lois Lane) was in the newspaper protesting for UNI-healthcare up in Bozeman, and the Billings Airport has Fox News on the TV's instead of CNN.

Anyway, nosed around the pawnshops a little in Billings, MT. Man, if you wanted an AXL or a Johnson you were in high cotton, but if you wanted something a little (or even a lot) better it was vast wasteland. On the other hand. One shop must've had 300 high-powered shooting irons. Didn't see any Korean floyds on the AK's or Remingtons though. Oh, oh, one store had some of the Chinese Yamaha hollowbodies I was actually pretty impressed and thought them much nicer than the Artcores. Maybe the same but looked much nicer.

JUST FYI (and back to topic) since no one brought it up yet...the swimming pool routes would be approriate for 83/4 to 86 original USA front-loaded Charvels (most of which were pointies) though. So we couldn't really bitch too much on that if it were truly routed that way. And yeah, Newc would disagree on calling it a Uni-rout.

Good to see everyone

Current Junk:
                  98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

so you can shit the same way the bears do, on the hiking path.
                    Pics or it didn't happen!

Sounds like a killer vacation. I'd like to get out there myself, but crossing the Delaware scares me.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

No reason to fear. George Washington did it....like... way back before Wayne sold Charvel to Grover.

I bought a 1984 or 85 Tokai TST-62 today from the local pawn broker. Looks to be all original except the pickguard. Gave a grand total of $139.42 but alas no case.

So, who out here is buying up all the So-Cal necks?

Current Junk:

Comment

Nithing like the MIJ 80's early 90's necks. These necks are to appeal to a wider range of platers. Those MIJ necks are really fast and thin, the only thing thiner was the wizard necks. The pst that said they were very much like a standard usa strat in shape is IMO about right. Just put a compound radius on the fretboard, delete the finish and you're there. it's a tad thinner nut nothing to get worked up about.
                        i got a late 90s mij jackson and thats the best guitar ive ever played

Comment

I bought a 1984 or 85 Tokai TST-62 today from the local pawn broker. Looks to be all original except the pickguard. Gave a grand total of $139.42 but alas no case.

So, who out here is buying up all the So-Cal necks?
                          A - I played one Tokai I'd ever consider buying - it was a "charvel" style Springysound - flame top with binding, no pickguard, 2 hums, brass trem. The down side was a vintage Fender style neck with tiny little frets.

B - I don't think anyone. You see all these necks listed at $450+ - I don't see people actually buying them.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

They're selling!

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/Necks...&_sop=15&_sc=1

It kinda looks like it's cooling off a little, the more recent ones are like $300-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              They're selling!

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/Necks...&_sop=15&_sc=1

It kinda looks like it's cooling off a little, the more recent ones are like $300-ish.

I was defintely wondering who was buying them. they're neat, but not real reasonable. At 3 or less I can see it. I have an old Dimarzio body from the SD days that one of those would be perfect for if the neck wood "sounds" good.

GT, On the Tokai I know what you mean. This was a mid-80's that has a meaty 62 type neck profile. I like thin necks as well but the guitar was too well put together to leave in the Pawn Shop. (Good enough for SRV). I need another guitar not, but it is sometimes difficult to............walk away.

There was also a 7 string MIJ Ibanez (7421?) w/Lo Pro that could be had for 2-fitty, but....I had one a few months back that I got way cheaper and later sold it so...I bought the Tokai.

I need a white marshall stack ..thats what I need to concentrate on.

Current Junk:

Comment

Working...
                              X