X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a demartini?
    never played a demartini.

Comment

I have a lot of neuropathy (spell check), so feel, or lack thereof, is extremely important to me. To me, the PM's feel a bit thicker than the Model series but plenty thin enough to get around on them quickly. I have a few different neck profiles to choose from to compensate for how my hands feel or do not feel from day to day. 4 guitars always feel the most comfortable to me even on my worst days.

1) '94 SD1
      2) '87 Model 3A
      3) '09 PM So-Cal
      4) '07 Faded V

Others feel fantastic some days and feel like wet logs on other days. The above are always good to go for me. The PM Charvel feels like an old friend in my hands every time I pick it up. So I have to agree.... The neck profile is Golden.
      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I really want to try out one of these after you guys gave the necks such raves.

Comment

I played one the other day.

I have two model series Charvels an 86 model 3, and an 88 model 5fx

The pro model was nothing like my model 3.

However it was a damn replica of my model 5fx in terms of thickness and the way it fits your hand.

In so far as feel. Well that is hard to call because the shape is so close to being dead on, but the model 5fx has a painted neck.

I've heard that the neckthru model series necks varied wildly from one guitar to another, so not sure if it would hold true if you're judging a new pro model purchase based on an 80's model series neckthru guitar.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

If i do buy one it will be a so cal and i will swap the P guard with a gloss one routed for 1 bucker and i will load that with a EVH fender frankenbucker.

Comment

I will honestly say that my friend's USA Production model So Cal had the best neck I've ever felt in my own hands. I played it unplugged for a few minutes and that's the only thing I still remember about the guitar. I've never been that impressed right off the bat with a neck. Any other neck I've had to get used to in order to really bond with it.

Not this one.

Comment

Anthony, i own 2 SD style 1's and i also own a original 81 dimas strat and even though i would never conpare the newer USA productions to the 81 i will say i still think these new charvels are really killer! The necks are very fast and super comfortable.
                They also have a strong tone. JASON
                Last edited by savage; 07-19-2009, 12:20 PM.
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Nithing like the MIJ 80's early 90's necks. These necks are to appeal to a wider range of platers. Those MIJ necks are really fast and thin, the only thing thiner was the wizard necks. The pst that said they were very much like a standard usa strat in shape is IMO about right. Just put a compound radius on the fretboard, delete the finish and you're there. it's a tad thinner nut nothing to get worked up about.
                  Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                  98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

The necks on these are the reason to buy them.

Comment

I own an early (serial in the 1000's) strathead Charvel, and my Prod Models do a helluva good job of capturing the vibe.
                      Out of my 16 guitars, they get about 90% of the playing time. Nuff said.
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                      --horns666 - 12/29/08
                      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

hi, i dont post here much but i got a question about the socal.

what does it look like under the pickguard? does anyone have pics? im thinking of getting one and making it either HSS or SSS, would i need additional routing?

cheers!

Comment

The config is hsh. the hss you will be fine but with the sss I think there is an issue with the angled single. I can't remember who it was but someone here had an issue with making theirs sss.

Comment

awesome, tnx for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy in Bruxelles View Post
                              awesome, tnx for the info!

It's a "Universal Route". Which means it's set up for the most common config's... HSH, HH, 3S, HSS. If it was just a HSH set up, you would have an issue with location of the pickups in other Configs, like HSS...

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                                It's a "Universal Route". Which means it's set up for the most common config's... HSH, HH, 3S, HSS. If it was just a HSH set up, you would have an issue with location of the pickups in other Configs, like HSS...
                                That's going to get you into trouble!

"Universal" and "Swimming Pool" are synonomous - so I wouldn't use "universal" to describe the SoCal route - not unless you want to get your head cut off by the hoards on the boards.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X