pick guard for your socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Well whenever - it looks terrible with the plastic on.
    well it sure does
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

k, this guitar is a real pain in the ass so far.I decided to wire it today and the input jack is now a problem.I either need to find a smaller stereo jack or route the guitar.

Comment

I'm in. By any chance, do they offer a carbon fibre or metal (to match the trem cavity) PG?

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
          k, this guitar is a real pain in the ass so far.I decided to wire it today and the input jack is now a problem.I either need to find a smaller stereo jack or route the guitar.
          If it's just not deep enough (the plug keeps popping out or won't quite go it) then just a bit of work with a chisel inside the cavity where the plug hits might do the trick. My green SoCal was that way with the stock jack.

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
          I'm in. By any chance, do they offer a carbon fibre or metal (to match the trem cavity) PG?
          Ooohh Carbon fiber! Now that might look sweet. Please PM me if you find one.

I ordered my MOTS pick guard from Warmoth. It was just about a perfect fit and you can order it in a lot of configurations. I just ordered another (silver shell) for my green SoCal. Haven't put it on yet... Pics when I do
          Last edited by MonteChristo; 07-08-2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonteChristo View Post
            I ordered my MOTS pick guard from Warmoth. It was just about a perfect fit and you can order it in a lot of configurations.
            I ended up ordering a Warmoth pg, too. Got it today and installed it, Adrian Smith style. I ordered H-S-S, 5-way, no other conrols, and drilled my own volume and tone pot locations. I trimmed the neck pocket cut-out to match the stock unit, and I routed about 1/8" of wood from the rear of the bridge p'up cavity, all but a few screw holes matched up, and the ones that were off were 'close enough.'

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
              I ended up ordering a Warmoth pg, too. Got it today and installed it, Adrian Smith style. I ordered H-S-S, 5-way, no other conrols, and drilled my own volume and tone pot locations. I trimmed the neck pocket cut-out to match the stock unit, and I routed about 1/8" of wood from the rear of the bridge p'up cavity, all but a few screw holes matched up, and the ones that were off were 'close enough.'

So the five way switch fit ok? No body mods needed? Looks nice what do those Rio Grande pickups sound like?

Comment

The 5-way fits with no mods. The Muy Grandes are fairly hot, sort of warm and thick in tone, not as glassy as a traditional Strat sound. I'm running 500k master volume and tone pots, they give the Muys a little more of an aggressive edge.

Comment

hey im sorry guys....i can still make this happen.I actualluy just returned the socal to passive now running a steve's special B and duncan 59N.a lot has ahappened ove rthe last few months...

Comment

Working...
                  X