Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black and white EVH or Crossed Swords DeMartini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already own the red, white and black low tops! Good summer shoes. I just gotta see if I can pull off the "manpri" pants like Eddie.

Last edited by jmsaxon69; 05-12-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
      I just gotta see if I can pull off the "manpri" pants like Eddie.
      You, sir, have just crossed the line!

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Enjoy your EVH.I would've said if the DeMartini was a custom shop model I would go for it instead of the EVH.If it's a producton model go with the EVH.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          You, sir, have just crossed the line!

That was supposed to be funny by the way.....

Comment

Best deal I found was $1800 for a new Martini and I paid $1625 shipped for the EVH that is supposed to be a 10 out of 1-10 condition and still has the plastic on the p'guard. I feel like I got a great deal. Case candy, COA, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by shredtilurded View Post
              Enjoy your EVH.I would've said if the DeMartini was a custom shop model I would go for it instead of the EVH.If it's a producton model go with the EVH.
              The DeMartini is a Custom Shop model. Custom Shop Artist Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                The DeMartini neck is MUCH MUCH closer to what you find on the custom shop and production model products.
                Well now there's a post that clears it all up.

Is it a Custom Shop neck or is it Production Model neck? Or are you saying there is a third type?

Enjoy your EVH. Bad Ass looking axe.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                  Well now there's a post that clears it all up.

Is it a Custom Shop neck or is it Production Model neck? Or are you saying there is a third type?

Enjoy your EVH. Bad Ass looking axe.
                  I think what he's saying is that the EVH neck is nothing like what you would find on any other Charvel in terms of shape and feel, and that in general, the Pro Mod, CS and CS Artist series necks are fairly consistant in terms of shape and feel.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

I think what he's saying is that the EVH neck is nothing like what you would find on any other Charvel in terms of shape and feel, and that in general, the Pro Mod, CS and CS Artist series necks are fairly consistant in terms of shape and feel.
                    I am very curious to play the EVH against my Slime Green Pro Mod that has the new EVH Frankenstein Replica pickup in it. My Slime is the heaviest of the new Pro Mod's that i have ever held in my hands, the neck pocket is perfect and I have a great setup on it courtesy of Corner Music in Nashville. They will both be tuned to Eb so I can see which sounds better for early VH.

Comment

I'm betting on the slimo. The EVH/Basswood combo I think is going to sound different against the early VH sound.

You need a Plexi for the recorded tone but a JMP for live work (hot-rodded of course), cranked to melt-down settings. Damn, Eddie used to go through Amp heads like Tommy Lee through Pam Anderson.

Might want to try an Ibanez Destroyer too....LOL
                      Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM.

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

First, I thought the question (and answer) was referencing the Demartini necks.........but I agree the EVH neck would be a little different since its "Fender" CS anyway.

I can't imagine more categories of necks unless Demartini specified a different neck carve. if he did it would be interesting to know.

I was just looking for a little more detailed info from Bionic.

Current Junk:

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                          First, I thought the question (and answer) was referencing the Demartini necks.........but I agree the EVH neck would be a little different since its "Fender" CS anyway.

I can't imagine more categories of necks unless Demartini specified a different neck carve. if he did it would be interesting to know.

I was just looking for a little more detailed info from Bionic.
                          I was talking about the EVH Charvel (and assumed Bionic was as well, since we were talking about the striped ART series), not that can opener looking thing they call an EVH now...
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I was talking about the EVH Charvel (and assumed Bionic was as well, since we were talking about the striped ART series), not that can opener looking thing they call an EVH now...
                            Yes, thank you, the answer was in response to the question about the Neck profiles of the EVH Art Series vs. the DeMartini Signature Series. My appologies for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                              Yes, thank you, the answer was in response to the question about the Neck profiles of the EVH Art Series vs. the DeMartini Signature Series. My appologies for any confusion.
                              I got your back bro... now get my friggin' Adrian Smith Jackson over to Matt already, huh? Tell those boys in the custom shop that I NEED IT NOW!!!

Blank yo!

Comment

oooh i needs me a pair of those shoes.. lol
                                no really.
                                Gil

Comment

Working...
                                X