Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th batch Charvels - In the flesh (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zakky_venom View Post
    heavy relic my arse! fender cs is just changing their oil without washing their hands!
    You aren't real far off here. My luthier is a former Fender Custom Shop builder and he has a pint of dirty motor oil and a greasy old CV boot that he keeps in his shop. Any time he is doing work on an old, oil-finished neck that ends up taking off the cool, worn in look, he "oil-finishes" it with the motor oil. If it's a really worn in neck he uses the grease off of the CV boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
      You aren't real far off here. My luthier is a former Fender Custom Shop builder and he has a pint of dirty motor oil and a greasy old CV boot that he keeps in his shop. Any time he is doing work on an old, oil-finished neck that ends up taking off the cool, worn in look, he "oil-finishes" it with the motor oil. If it's a really worn in neck he uses the grease off of the CV boot.

Haha, thats awesome!

Comment

I want purple one, looks killer for me

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
          I want purple one, looks killer for me
          i think im gonna order one this weekend as a graduation present for myself

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            On one hand, black hardware on white reminds me of those cheap-ass Aria Jackson-ripoffs from the 80s that would never intonate.

On the other hand, it gives off a slight Stormtrooper vibe

But for the most part, Chrome and/or Gold on White = perfect.
            Stormtrooper eh? i think youre onto something there Newc...

on the back you could put a decal that says "why arent you at your post?!"

jaja
            Last edited by zakky_venom; 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
              Below is the list of certified Charvel nuts that agree with Mike on how cool that knob is:
              **crickets**

those things are the worst. I still have mine at home to laugh at after swapping it out for a proper one.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                **crickets**

those things are the worst. I still have mine at home to laugh at after swapping it out for a proper one.
                I love those knobs. You don't like it, send it to me.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

That white one is friggin awesome.

Comment

I wish I had somecash in the descretionary budget, cause I would have one of the white ones in a heartbeat.

That is by far the best looking model yet. I hope they do it again in a year or two when I can afford one.
                    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    Jackson SLATQH
                    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                    Jackson DKMGT (project)
                    Kramer Focus 1000
                    Ibanez SDGR Bass
                    Ovation Celebrity
                    Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
                      I wish I had somecash in the descretionary budget, cause I would have one of the white ones in a heartbeat.

That is by far the best looking model yet. I hope they do it again in a year or two when I can afford one.
                      Mike,
                      I hope you are reading all this love for the white ones. The zebra's, the cream rings and the chrome hardware are bringing lots of people back to the time these guitars first came out.

No let's lose the Tele and replace it with a single hum.

Comment

the green one isn't for sale by any chance?

Comment

Lovin' the white fo sho!

Comment

The white one is Noice! I may have to grab one of these.

Comment

Working...
                            X