Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th batch Charvels - In the flesh (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
    I still think the white is screaming for black hardware.
    No way! The chrome helps make it as cool as it is and adds to the old-school look of this one.

Comment

I think the white one is perfect as is. The cream goes well with the maple neck and totally nails the vintage Charvel vibe it looks like they're going for. I usually hate chrome hardware but it fits this guitar. I'm saving for one of these and that's rare for me. It seems to me that Black HDW would make it look like a Ghost White DK2M. Although I like those models, this just has a different feeling to it. God, I'm drooling over it.

Comment

I think that white one with the zebras is the best looking of the production models so far. Those zebras just set it apart. I wish I was in the market for a new guitar - that would be a contender for sure.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Love the white... The chrome really gives it the old early 80's vibe Got's to get one
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by zakky_venom View Post
            these things still come with strap locks right? because its not in the product description, and i really dont feel like tacking on another 14 bucks lol
            Yes, it has strap locks. I can't promise that the strings will last forever so at some point you will have to put some more money into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
              Yes, it has strap locks. I can't promise that the strings will last forever so at some point you will have to put some more money into it.
              thanks for clearing that up

ive got more sets of ghs boomers than i know what to do with, i dont think ill be buying strings for awhile =P

Comment

I can't promise that the strings will last forever so at some point you will have to put some more money into it.
                That's such crap! Ever since FMIC took over, have you noticed that the strings that come with your guitar last less and less time??? I've replaced the strings on my SD1 three times since Sept 08!

-------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  That's such crap! Ever since FMIC took over, have you noticed that the strings that come with your guitar last less and less time??? I've replaced the strings on my SD1 three times since Sept 08!

I'm trying to sell my car right now. It has 120,000 miles on it and it is all original. Even the oil. For some reason the prospective buyers aren't impressed by that

Comment

I'm trying to sell my car right now. It has 120,000 miles on it and it is all original. Even the oil. For some reason the prospective buyers aren't impressed by that
                    Thats cause your oil is the standard boring black color. Now if your oil was slime green you might impress more
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      Thats cause your oil is the standard boring black color.
                      Yeah but it has lots of metal flakes in it. That's better than just plain black!

I'm just kidding about the selling my car thing as you all could probably tell. I'm a huge car nut and love to get my hands dirty so my oil gets changed regularly.

Tech tip: if you don't wash your hands after working on your car, your brand new looking maple neck looks "played in" much faster.
                      Last edited by Chubtone; 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

awesome!

so what's the knob on the white one?
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                          awesome!

I don't know but I like his Charvel shirt
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

On one hand, black hardware on white reminds me of those cheap-ass Aria Jackson-ripoffs from the 80s that would never intonate.

On the other hand, it gives off a slight Stormtrooper vibe

But for the most part, Chrome and/or Gold on White = perfect.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

heavy relic my arse! fender cs is just changing their oil without washing their hands!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                                awesome!

It's the same "meat tenderizer" knob that is on the others, just in chrome. You know that knob that Bionic Mike from Charvel loves? Well it's that one.

Below is the list of certified Charvel nuts that agree with Mike on how cool that knob is:

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X