2nd qtr 09 Colors - let's speculate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Do they only make 50 of these things? Are numbers that low?
    50 if the custom colors and unlimited black I believe.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I thought it was 150 of the custom colors? 3 models, 3 colors, 50 of each color for all 3 models = 150.

50 Style 1 in White
      50 Style 1 in CT
      50 Style 1 in Purple
      =
      150 Style 1 in Kustom Kandy Kolors.

But then that's the Tele getting Purple twice in a row, so probably not.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
        I just do NOT understand this. Even Guitar World said the Tele model had the best tone of the three. Oh well...a white star might be interesting.

Well, you have to factor into any review the bias of the reviewer. Maybe the guy is a Tele Freak? Maybe any Tele instantly has better tone because in his mind, the Tele isn't the botched abortion that it really is
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

It's about 150 of each color, not 50 of each.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
            I think the only reason the Tele is a hard sell is due to the Strat headstock :think: If it had a Tele headstock I'd take one I'd love to have a hot rodded Tele... But after having the Purple one I had for a few days, the Strat headstock just looked out of place to me...

Chub, do any of your customers ever comment on the Tele's and why they choose either the Socal or Style 1 over the Tele?

+1, if it had a tele headstock then I'd be all over one!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
              +1, if it had a tele headstock then I'd be all over one!
              Maybe you guys are right. I'm not a tele guy no matter what headstock is on it unless, maybe they could put one of those BC Rich Widow headstocks on it! That would be sweet! The guys that are into satanic country western music would be all over that one

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                It's about 150 of each color, not 50 of each.
                Right, I know that. I'm saying the "twist" Mike mentioned could be that instead of 150 White Style 1s, 150 CT Style 2s, and 150 Purple SoCals, there's 50 White S1s, 50 CT S1s, and 50 Purple S1s, 50 White S2s, 50 CT S2s, and 50 Purple S2s, and 50 White SoCals, 50 CT SoCals, and 50 Purple SoCals.

Comment

OK, I hear you. That would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                    Yeah, I get tons of comments. ... it's always something like "yeah, I always wanted a hot rodded Tele" as they're buying one of the strat shapes.
                    Totally agree with this. Hot-rodded tele's are cool, but it's down the list after I purchase a SoCal, a limited color SD1, a black SD1, a Les Paul, a Fender Strat, some new pedals, a new amp, recording software, and a bunch of other toys.

Comment

WOOHOO! Site's been updated and colors revealed - looks like I win!

White Style 1
                      Candy Tangerine Style 2
                      Purple SoCal

Comment

Nice job NewC.

These look pretty good. I guess those of us who thought it was a star should hang our heads in shame.

Comment

I'd love a production model Star, personally. I wonder why they never did those? I know they had the pointyheads a couple of years ago, but IIRC the MAP on those was $2500.

Maybe they could/should try a run with the 1-piece maple Stratheads.

However it does take more wood to make a Star than a Strat/Tele - at least 3, maybe 4 depending on the stock.

Comment

I want a white style 1!

I wonder how long it will be before we can get them in the UK :think:
                            Stringed things:
                            Charvel Model 4
                            Charvel NOS Star
                            Gibson SG Special

Comment

Yyyyyyesssss! White! I WILL be adding another SD1.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                I'd love a production model Star, personally. I wonder why they never did those? I know they had the pointyheads a couple of years ago, but IIRC the MAP on those was $2500.

Maybe they could/should try a run with the 1-piece maple Stratheads.

However it does take more wood to make a Star than a Strat/Tele - at least 3, maybe 4 depending on the stock.

I dunno.
                                I love my star. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
                                But, I know that it's unique and, To be honest, does the best Tele sound of my collection.
                                Who'd a thunk it?
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X