No announcement yet.

2nd qtr 09 Colors - let's speculate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a white star I would seriously sell a kidney for or something. I'm a total neckthrough guy but something about that bodystyle speaks to me.
    Last edited by Hellbat; 03-11-2009, 04:19 PM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Man.... you can't tell much from that photo! Mike, you are liking messing with us, aren't you? :ROTF:

As for the "twist" a star would be pretty cool as would a single humbucker SD1. And the Tele can pretty much be retired from where I stand. They are TOUGH to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
        Man.... you can't tell much from that photo! Mike, you are liking messing with us, aren't you? :ROTF:
        Actually, you can tell a little bit. If you look at the Tangerine, you can barely make out the side-mounted input jack at the bottom.

So, clearly that's not an older SoCal. Gotta be a Strat or Tele. I'm still thinking Tangerine Strat. Which, given the Tang SoCal's popularity, would seem to make a lot of sense.

Comment

I'm wagering that the purple is the So-Cal, Tangerine is the SD-1 and who knows what's in the other bag! If/when they come out with a Candy Blue So-Cal though I'll be getting another one to go with my Pegan Gold!

Comment

Closer pic of the side-mounted input jack on the Tangerine...

Also, unless its body is oriented in the opposite direction from the others, the purple/blue one does not have a side-mounted jack. So purple/blue is very likely a SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
              SD1. And the Tele can pretty much be retired from where I stand. They are TOUGH to move.
              I just do NOT understand this. Even Guitar World said the Tele model had the best tone of the three. Oh well...a white star might be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                I just do NOT understand this. Even Guitar World said the Tele model had the best tone of the three. Oh well...a white star might be interesting.
                I think the only reason the Tele is a hard sell is due to the Strat headstock :think: If it had a Tele headstock I'd take one I'd love to have a hot rodded Tele... But after having the Purple one I had for a few days, the Strat headstock just looked out of place to me...

Chub, do any of your customers ever comment on the Tele's and why they choose either the Socal or Style 1 over the Tele?
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by predator1 View Post
                  congratulations! To bionic who with his most recent post has become a full fledge member
                  ahha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                    Chub, do any of your customers ever comment on the Tele's and why they choose either the Socal or Style 1 over the Tele?

Yeah, I get tons of comments. A lot of times it's anti-tele but even when it is positive, it's always something like "yeah, I always wanted a hot rodded Tele" as they're buying one of the strat shapes. I mean, let's face it 90% (conservatively) of the cool, original Charvels were strat shapes. It's just what Charvel MEANT and still means. Hot rodded super strat. Heck, the name super strat was invented because of Charvel. My customers for the most part don't want a Charvel Tele, they don't want a Charvel Soloist, they don't want a Charvel Mockingbird. They want a Charvel. To say Charvel super strat is redundant. Now you can make a case for a star body, and I would like to see one for maybe a quarter and you can make a much stronger case for a single hum strat shape, but beyond that, we're going outside what Charvel has always meant to people.

This is my opinion based on my 25 year history as a Charvel guy and based on what I see in the store and what I get in PM's from a lot of the forums I am on. There are many differing opinions I'm sure and Charvel would know best how the sales numbers are. So if the Tele is selling well enough they'll keep making it and I'll keep scrambling to find someone to buy the ones I'm required to order and I'll keep scrambling to get enough of the strat styles when the color excites people like the candy tangerine and slime green have.

Comment

God I hope they arent rosewood boards... ebony, fuk yeah, but rosewood... bleh.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'll speak for myself.

I WANT A FUCKIN' TELE!!!

But it's gotta have a tele headstock. Until then, no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                          I'll speak for myself.

I WANT A FUCKIN' TELE!!!

But it's gotta have a tele headstock. Until then, no dice.
                          Yeah but Ralph E, can Charvel sell 150 of them built like that? That would be what, double the amount of Teles they even made the first time around let alone double humbucker, Floyded Tele's. Heck man, I think you might have a better chance of getting a Charvel Mockingbird. :ROTF:

There's always the custom shop where a strat headstock is no charge but a Tele headstock is a $300 upcharge.

Comment

Horn's too long to be a Tele. CT was already done on the SoCal, and Purple on the Tele, and a White SoCal would step on the A.S. Jackson's toes.

So it's:
                            Style 1 - White
                            Style 2 - CT
                            SoCal - Purrrple! (Earth Kitt Catwoman style )

Or the "twist" is 50 of each model in each color.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Do they only make 50 of these things? Are numbers that low?
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

I was hoping for Robin Egg Blue, Pastel Yellow, and Shell Pink for the Easter run.

oh well.
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X