MZ Natural Series Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
    I think I remember reading that the Music Zoo's owner Tommy had a really sweet early or pre-pro Charvel neck that he had the custom shop copy to make these necks. I may be wrong, but I think I remember reading something about it
    Yeah, I recall the same story. I just checked over TMZ's website but I couldn't find that part of the story. I believe they re-vamped their site a month or so ago and may have taken the story of the neck profile down. But I do recall that Tommy took his favorite Charvel neck out to the factory for them to duplicate for the Natural Series guitars.

I had my mahogany Natural in the local shop for a pickup swap. When I picked it up, the two people who run the shop both commented on how great the neck felt.
    Last edited by fuel0707; 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have had three different TMZ Naturals. Each neck felt a little different, which i attributed to the hand finishing. The one I had from the first run was a lot like my pointies very flat D feeling. Too bad it was attatched to a boat anchor (9.8lbs) so I sent it back for a lighter one (7.6lbs) big difference in tone and playability. The backshape on this one is much more rounded and almost like the Pro Mods except with broader shoulders. I still think my 2002 Bullseye RI has the best neck I have ever played with my 2005 RI Copperhead running a close 2nd. Long live the pointies!!

Comment

Working...
      X