No announcement yet.

MZ Natural Series has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost went with an ash body Natural but the H/S really swayed me. If the Music Zoo had an ash model with an H/S layout, it would have been a much more difficult decision.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Wow.
      That's a real looker, and I would assume, a real player too.
      Congrats!
      More info required on the Jackson strat head plz.
      Even if you have to point me to another thread, I just need to know more about it.
      I love strat-head-anything.
      Enjoy that guitar!!!!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
        Thanks. And as for the Custom 5, I do really like it. My previous experience with Duncan pickups are the JB and 59 combo that is in my RR5 and DK2M. It's nice to hear a few other SD pickups. I would, at this time, say that I like the Custom 5 in the mahogany body better than the JB's in either of my two Jacksons.
        I had the JB in my mahogany custom (local luthier build) and it was just too much mid and lacked tightness on the bottom but the custom 5 really evens things out without losing the fullness. Sweet axe...play it hard
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
          I had the JB in my mahogany custom (local luthier build) and it was just too much mid and lacked tightness on the bottom but the custom 5 really evens things out without losing the fullness. Sweet axe...play it hard
          I've only had experience with a JB in my RR5 and DK2M, which are definitely not mahogany. But I think the Custom 5/mahogany body sounds quite a bit better than the JB's do in the two Jacksons, much better balance and definition to the tone.

Does your custom guitar have a solid mahogany body or does it have a maple top?

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
            I've only had experience with a JB in my RR5 and DK2M, which are definitely not mahogany. But I think the Custom 5/mahogany body sounds quite a bit better than the JB's do in the two Jacksons, much better balance and definition to the tone.

Does your custom guitar have a solid mahogany body or does it have a maple top?
            It has a solid mahagony body and a 5/8" hand carved birdseye maple top.
            www.JerryRobison.com
            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I've got a Grosh Bent Top that's fairly similar as far as woods are concerned. I've got a DiMarzio Steve Morse in the bridge and a Virtual Vintage Solo in the neck. The Custom 5 is nowhere near as hot as the Morse but I like how the Custom 5 works with the solid mahogany. It's a nice alternative to the Morse at times.

Comment

Very cool score, congrats! The Custom 5 is my favorite Duncan bridge pickup...very dynamic, balanced, and full sounding IMO.

Comment

I'm really digging the custom 5 that I have in a Japanese Charvel.

That Strathead is a BadAss MoFo fuel0707

Comment

Looks good.Glad you like it I know I do.Love the Jackson strat head too!!!!!
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

How does the neck feel?

Comment

Damn.....that's a nicely figured piece (or two) of mahogony. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          How does the neck feel?
                          It's really nicely shaped. It's round but not at all on the chunky side nor is it razor thin. The fretwork is good, too, so it plays really well. I honestly haven't felt a neck quite this nice since I got my last Grosh a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand66 View Post
                            Damn.....that's a nicely figured piece (or two) of mahogony. Hope it sounds as good as it looks.
                            Yeah, it's a pretty good-looking two-piece body. And it does sound really good, with a nice, full midrange.

Comment

Working...
                            X