MZ Natural Series has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MZ Natural Series has arrived!

Finally, I have my first USA Charvel and with the strat head. Without further ado, here are the pics:

And here it is with my strat head Jackson (my apologies for the blurriness):

And here's a close-up of the headstocks:

So far, I really dig everything about it. The tone is great from both pickups and I think I can live with the Custom 5 in the bridge. The neck plays really well. The weight is probably about medium for an all-mahogany body. And for those of you who responded to my thread about the strap pins, you're right - a regular strap fits VERY snugly over the pins.

I realized when I was talking to my wife about this guitar last night that I first started wanting a strat head Charvel back when I was in high school. When I added up the years, I've been waiting about 25 years to get one and finally, I was blessed enough to snag one.

Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Those are nice guitars, so congrats! And if getting the Charvel means you'll get rid of the Jackson, sign me up!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I like it!!
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Nice one. I like the grain pattern on the body. Looks cool. And H-S layouts rule. Congrats.

Comment

Very nice!
            750XL Cherry Sunburst
            375DX Metallic black
            Model 2 blue
            Model 2 Red
            USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
            USA Slime Green San Dimas
            MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
            Gibson Les Pauls
            PRS SC-250

Comment

Nice, a MZ Natural was and is my first American made Charvel. Enjoy!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sweet axe...Hope you like the custom 5 after more play time!
                www.JerryRobison.com
                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                  Sweet axe...Hope you like the custom 5 after more play time!
                  Thanks. And as for the Custom 5, I do really like it. My previous experience with Duncan pickups are the JB and 59 combo that is in my RR5 and DK2M. It's nice to hear a few other SD pickups. I would, at this time, say that I like the Custom 5 in the mahogany body better than the JB's in either of my two Jacksons.

Comment

Schweet! I really like the grain in the headstock too... kinda rare..
                    It's a beaut!!!

Comment

Congrats....she's a beauty.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Looks F'in nice as hell in the pix and hi quality. How do you like that SCR-1 in the neck? Must sound thick as hell !!!!
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                          Looks F'in nice as hell in the pix and hi quality. How do you like that SCR-1 in the neck? Must sound thick as hell !!!!
                          It's kind of hard to describe, but it's got a pretty full sound but it's still got the higher-end detail that you might associate with a single coil. I think it cuts more than a full-size humbucker might in the neck. The SCR-1n is pretty cool and works well with a clean or dirty tone.

Comment

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Looks great!
                              +1 on the H/S config.
                              No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                              X