No announcement yet.

Newb Question (EVH Charvel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the GPM magazine that I saw the interview in but EVH said he screwed the spring claw all the way and used worn out springs because they were easier to put on.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't doubt it - I've heard the same myself. But the original post wasn't asking how EVH sets up his own guitars. It was asking how the EVH models were originally set up from the custom shop. Different question, that's all.

Comment

Thats was the Q.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Here's a couple of pics of mine. This is pretty much how they come set up from the factory. I only tweaked the bridge height a little for better action.

In the first pic, notice the position of the claw. It's only screwed in as far as necessary for the trem to be blocked. Not all of the way, as that puts too much tension on the springs. More importantly, notice that the sustain block is flush against the body route for the trem. If you want to the trem blocked for no pull-up, this is the key. Mine is actually only flush on the low E side - it doesn't need to be perfectly uniform across the whole block or anything like that.

In the second pic, notice that the base of the bridge is not actually sitting on top of the body - it's just a bit above it. With the sustain block flush in the route against the wood, the bridge still has a little bit of adjustment for lower action, if you want it.

Hope that helps.
          This is what I was looking for AWESOME thank-you very much this is how mine was I was surprised they came like this the pictures you posted are worth all the words in this thread!!

Comment

One more little tidbit here is that these also come from the factory tuned standard. I dropped mine to Eb like the old EVH guitars and also because thats what my band plays in. Between that and setting it for no pull up, which you have to do if you have a D-Tuna, it required the addition of some shims to the trem block to get it right. The factory should send these out tuned to Eb not E IMO.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
            X