No announcement yet.

Update on www.charvel.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit..they finally come out with some 1 3/4" nut width necks, and they're 21 fretters...CURSES!!!

Comment

Why would anyone want a 21 fret neck? All my guitars have 24, but at least go with 22!
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Crownhead tuners...is that just retro nostaligic bullshit, or is there really something special about those?!?
        Post of the day. Without a doubt!
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

i can manage with a 21 fret neck, biut 22 is the easiest option...21 is cool and very retro, but they were only 21 coz they hadn't invented 22 frets yet..i think they should have some more updated features, or at least as options....

Comment

People seem to miss the point that these guitars are supposed to be antiquated. They are supposed to be exact copies of the Charvels you would have bought back in the ‘70s. I think it’s cool that they made this batch of retro guitars for collectors since it is so rare to find anyone who will part with an original. However FMIC are retards for thinking they can charge more for them than what the originals are worth.

I know those Legacy Series graphics are pretty gaudy, but that was the style back then. I can’t say I like the blood splatter graphic though. It looks more like a kindergarten art project than a murder scene.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
              People seem to miss the point that these guitars are supposed to be antiquated. They are supposed to be exact copies of the Charvels you would have bought back in the ‘70s.
              No, because they wouldn't have had recessed Floyds back then.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think there were any Floyd trems back then. It looks like the photo on the Charvel website shows all the guitars with vintage Fender style trems. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Hmm, I don't know what the hell happend. I must have had two windows open at the same time and posted to the wrong thread. LOL
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

those quilted stained headstocks are fucking awesome. that's some classy work.

but I'm sure they're attached to guitars that are so gouged up in price it's just stupid.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      i can manage with a 21 fret neck, biut 22 is the easiest option...21 is cool and very retro, but they were only 21 coz they hadn't invented 22 frets yet..i think they should have some more updated features, or at least as options....
                      I'm not certain what you mean by that but Gibson solidbodies had 22 frets back in the '50's.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X