Charvel Guitar Replacement Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
    Can you send your Charvel back to the factory and have the neck replaced?...Or better yet your pointy charvel is sitting in its stand and for some reason it gets knocked off and the headstock snaps off(ouch!) would they replace the neck with a Strathead if you paided the upcharge????
    I wish - I'd certainly love to. IMHO it's highly doubtful, though.

Comment

Does anyone have a contact for the Charvel division to inquire about this?
      Or an e-mail address? I would be happy to do the leg work.

D

Comment

I inquired about this about 6 years ago. At the time, they still had an email contact on their website. The deal was this: I could send in my damaged neck and they would replace it with an EXACT copy, for a nice fee of course. They wouldn't even switch it from a regular pointy to a reverse pointy. No changes at all. I ended up not doing it.
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Just got my Musikraft neck, haven't mounted it yet but it looks good!
          Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Check out the response Fender sent me when I enquired about a replacement neck for my 1984 charvel.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76617

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I would also say to go with Musikraft.

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
                Can you send your Charvel back to the factory and have the neck replaced?
                For instance you ordered a pointy, lost interest in the guitar due to the neck and wanted to have it replaced with a pointy. Would this be something that can be done? Or better yet your pointy charvel is sitting in its stand and for some reason it gets knocked off and the headstock snaps off(ouch!) would they replace the neck with a Strathead if you paided the upcharge????
                I think you'd have a better chance of having sex with Brooke Burke on the Matterhorn at Disneyland, than you would have getting Fender to replace an older charvel neck.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
                  I think you'd have a better chance of having sex with Brooke Burke on the Matterhorn at Disneyland, than you would have getting Fender to replace an older charvel neck.
                  :ROTF:

Comment

...but there's still a chance!

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Seems much easier to get a Musikraft, they make awesome necks.

From what i understand it might need some fretwork to be absolutley perfect (All the one's i tried had been pleked, so i cant tell from own experience), but even considering that, it's sure going to be cheaper than a new charvel neck.

Comment

I so wish Musikraft would do pointy headstocks too...
                        I will be trying one of their necks on my next project,though...as I said, I love the body I got from them.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that DOES make a dead-on pointy headstock replacement neck? Not talking some one-model thing, someplace one could order them to specs - i.e. reverse headstock, compound-radius ebony fingerboard, specific nut width, etc.?

Comment

Warmoth does. Their "Jackson" head looks right to me anyway.

But remember, these necks do NOT fit Jackson/Charvel bodies, but are made for standard fender style bodies, the Jacksons/Charvels has a slightly wider neck pocket compared to most other guitars as you might already know, but i'm telling just in case.

Comment

the warmoth jackson headstock is a lot different from the real deal. there's also a volute on the back of the neck that c/js don't have. you'll get a nice neck, for sure, but it's nowhere near dead on.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Another vote for Musikraft from me!

The largest factor in me buying a neck from Musikraft rather than USA Customs was the significant price difference.

Comment

I have a new Charvel pointy that I love the neck on. I am looking to get a neck with matching specs to put on another body. What Musikraft backshape and radius come the closest? I can't seem to find the current pointy neck specs....

https://musikraft.3dcartstores.com/S...ck_p_0-35.html

Comment

Working...
                                X