Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
    nice guitar,i've never seen a charvel telecaster
    Really? There's a handful of them around here. USAs and Imports.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

shit what about the prepros that had the real Tele headstock and the Charvel logo, those were badass.

nice guitar mate!! I like Tele's too.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        Really? There's a handful of them around here. USAs and Imports.

here in Italy,i've never seen one

Comment

Originally posted by Bert K View Post
          ..i can see a Tele, but for some strange reason the page (just that one...) will not open.
          Good find. I fixed the problem now. Apparently, the page was 0KB in size. Remember to hit refresh if you try again (shift+refresh button).

Very nice Tele you have
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks! Page gives some new info again.
            @ Jackson-Charvel: You are right, it is a Wilkinson bridge equipped with a Fishman Powerbridge. A bit confusing...

Comment

The position of the SWITCH (3-WAY?) in the ad is below the VOL & TONE and on BERT K's guitar they are above which is the standard Telecaster position. Also the saddels on the BERT K guitar look way nicer than the 1996 ad http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...imas/index.htm - provided by CHARVELROCKER and also noted by JACKSON-CHARVEL. The reverse SWITCH and DIALS = curious, but I think it's a 96 TL-1
              JvicE

Comment

Originally posted by j4vice View Post
                The position of the SWITCH (3-WAY?) in the ad is below the VOL & TONE and on BERT K's guitar they are above which is the standard Telecaster position.
                no big mystery, he just put the loaded control plate in upside down, apparently deliberately.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It was already in the standard position, and I thought about turning it around again, but I think this is more comfortable.
                  I am also tweaking the wiring a bit. Now one pot is volume for the magnetic pickups, the other pot is volume for the piezo, no tone anymore, and the push-pull is used for series-parallel switching. (Only it doesn't work yet. Must be a mistake somewhere )

Comment

you should take the neck off and look in the pocket and on the heel..

I have # 960261, appearently 1 off 2 with a tele headstock, and it's not 96 like I initially thought, but a 2000 CS piece

I know off at least another one 96xxx serial (star) that was also ordered around 2000 by Sam Ash in White Plains, NY.

Comment

I had the neck off, but no interesting numbers, dates or mysterious quotes , so for now I stick to 96 (or 95, for my serial starts with 95)

Btw, yours is great! Nice color. I see that you are from Belgium (so we're neighbours). Where did you buy it? Belgium or USA?

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm sticking by my stance that S/N does not indicate date of manufacture. Pebber seems to have some evidence of that in his possession.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

09/27/2007 Item number: 320162479585 the current seller lives near me. The RESERVE is $1000.00 2 days LEFT as of this 9.27.7
                          Last edited by j4vice; 09-28-2007, 05:31 PM.
                          JvicE

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                            For what it's worth, I'm sticking by my stance that S/N does not indicate date of manufacture. Pebber seems to have some evidence of that in his possession.
                            bingo Tekky.. very interesting to see they used the Charvel plates in a time frame when the branding was supposed to be Jackson exclusively

I see that you are from Belgium (so we're neighbours). Where did you buy it? Belgium or USA?
                            Swiss to be exact neighboor, and for a bit more .. mine's got also the Fishmann bridge fwiw

Comment

*Bump*

A breed of Charvel Teles have hatched... A couple of months ago I bought a butterscotch Tele (see the first post) and now another cropped up in the neighbourhood, a black one. I suspect it comes from the same shop ten years ago.
                              A friend of mine bought it, but he did'n like black. Well, I don't like butterscotch, so we swapped...

My new beauty!

Comment

Awesome! Now allow me to correct (again) the link to the 1996 Charvel San Dimas Series catalog, showing this model.

Last edited by jackson1; 12-25-2007, 06:31 PM.
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X