Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Telecaster

Hi folks!
    First post on this forum, so hello to everybody from Rotterdam, Netherlands. I've been reading here for a couple of weeks, and looks like there are a lot of nice people here.
    I own a Model 4 and a model 2 for more than 20 years now, and the 4 has always been my main axe; Charvel is an old love for me.
    So I was very happy when I found this Charvel Telecaster. It's made in USA, serial # 951490, it has a piezo Fishman bridge, and I can find nothing about it! It is sold to me as a new guitar, but I don't know for how long it has been on a shelf in the store. Does anyone of you know anything about this guitar?

Judging by that headstock, I'm thinking its a Japanese market only, built in Japan. Don't quote me on that for sure though.

Comment

Headstock and backplate both says 'Made in USA'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert K View Post
        Headstock and backplate both says 'Made in USA'.
        Hmm, its probably a 1996 San Dimas then. http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...imas/index.htm

Comment

Maybe a custom shop order Tele. Possibly a parts guitar, though. Need more / better pictures.

Comment

More pics, at your service

@Charvelrocker: thanks for the link, i can see a Tele, but for some strange reason the page (just that one...) will not open.
            Last edited by Bert K; 09-15-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Hmm, its probably a 1996 San Dimas then. http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...imas/index.htm
              Bingo.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There is a copy of the old ad for this guitar in the Wayne Charvel Book IIRC ad is from 96 san dimas?

Comment

I searched on 'Charvel San Dimas' and I found this pricelist. Almost at the bottom I see the TL-1. Could that be it?

Comment

Yep. If you click the Gallery at the top of this forum, you'll see one in there.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bingo indeed, that's it. Thanks everybody for the help. Nice to know what I bought. It must have been on that shelf for more than ten years...

I payed 500 euro for it, about $700,= . Too much? (Not that I care, I love it. I picked it up this afternoon and did a gig with it within an hour...)

[edit] I checked the gallery. One of 20 built???? Bloody hell...

Comment

Nice. Pretty rare - can't recall ever seeing another from that series. Congrats.

Comment

Pretty sweet tele. First time I ever saw a Wilkinson tele bridge before, with the unmistakeable Wilkinson bridge saddles.

Comment

nice guitar,i've never seen a charvel telecaster

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                              Pretty sweet tele. First time I ever saw a Wilkinson tele bridge before, with the unmistakeable Wilkinson bridge saddles.
                              In fact it is a Fishman Powerbridge... I suppose it looks just like a Wilkinson.
                              I am not sure if I like this bridge. I changed the strings and I noticed the string guides are a sort of two little balls welded together. (Really very little, about one mm) They tend to fall out and get lost on the floor, and when I break a string while playing I am sure to lose them. Stupid system.

Comment

Working...
                              X